Need cheap shotgun barrel advice.

Vindice

Years ago I managed an apartment complex and a tenant moved out and left a Sears Ted Williams M-200 20 GA pump without a barrel. It has been in a closet for years and I'd like to do something with it but have been told that with a barrel it's worth about $150 and the barrels run at least that. It seems a shame to have it sitting around and I'd like to either use it or sale it but need the barrel.

I found out that it will take the Winchester 1200 20 GA barrels but they are running $150 to $200+. Does anyone have any idea where I could get a cheap barrel so I could shoot it or turn it?

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

One way to look at it is :

without a barrel it is worth nothing ...

you have nothing invested in it..

so 150-200 or so for a barrel isn't too bad to get a working unit..

1000+ NEW, USED AND OBSOLETESHOTGUN BARRELS FOR SALE

which wouldn't be a bad idea if it will be a hunting gun or a kid/new shooters first shotgun since comparable 20 ga. run about..2 times that for an 870 youth. G5659-REMINGTON Model 870™ Express® Youth Synthetic Combo 20Ga 21" Rem™ Choke & 20" Fully Rifled Barrels

you probably wouldn't make much if your looking to "fix & flip" it but for a nice 20 pump I would think about a buying a barrel..

John

'Virtus Junxit Mors Non Seperabit'

IMHO, it sure sounds like you'd be better off selling what you do have - and since you have $0.00 invested so far - you can take that money and put towards some other gun. I'd bet you could get $50 for what you have, and apply that towards a gun you actually would buy.

That's the thing here - would you go out and buy *that* gun, today? If not, why spend the money on a barrel?

Otherwise, I'd just make it a point to search various boards and sites on a weekly basis to find a used barrel pop up for a *deal*.

Also - do some searching for people who are looking for a new barrel, and you might be able to get them to sell you their old or unwanted one :up:

Edited by DRM