S&W 15-22 back home and something unexpected followed it.

Links2k

I went to Memphis' favorite gun store today to get another M&P 15-22. I sold the old one to a forum member and naturally I regretted it. Today I got the MOE version because I am a Magpul slut.

Surprisingly the store was not very crowded this morning. Not surprising was the fact that I was ignored for ten to fifteen minutes. That turned out to be a good thing. While the fat walrus looking guy pretended not to see a six foot tall overweight man standing in front of him a good lookin young lady walked in.

I chatted up the young lady while she received the mandatory brush off. Seems she had recently purchased a pistol there and was having second thoughts ( her reason for the return was that she was moving out of state and did not want the hassle of learning the new states gun laws or trying to obtain a permit).

The young lady stated that the guy that she purchased the pistol from assured her that she could return it for a fair price when she spoke to him on the telephone (naturally he could not be found when she arrived).

One of the guys takes the pistol goes to the back to get an appraisal. I am certain by my dealings with them that means that he is taking a piss and a smoke break. A few minutes later he returns and offers $120 for her lnib Ruger LCP. She appeared to know that she would not get close to what she paid for it, but I don't think she came prepared to get screwed again so soon after Valentines day. ZING!:D

She does the smart thing and retrieves her pistol then leaves the store. After about 10 seconds of thought I followed her out of the store and asked her what she wanted for the pistol.

Fast forward. I paid closer to what she was expecting, but not enough not to make it a very good deal for me. That's all I have to say about that.

Keep in mind that I have no need for an LCP. However, I have been curious about them since they were first advertised. I also wanted to know why the LCP and 380 ammo had been so hard to find. I am now the owner of a interesting little LCP. I think that this is going to be fun.

Cell phone pictures of the 15-22 and LCP

567705811_photobucket_43605_.jpg

2011-02-15_12-42-46_405.jpg

Edited by LINKS2K
  • Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest josh123

the lcr is great i just sold one on here today because of some money trouble but youll love it very easy to carry/hide etc great for the vehicle..i would have never sold it if i didnt have to.. it is however very small and i would reccomend the grip extension if ur a big guy. it makes a world of difference..

mind me asking how much u put up for the 15-22 ive been looking into one myself and i like the exact set up u got alot..

the lcr is great i just sold one on here today because of some money trouble but youll love it very easy to carry/hide etc great for the vehicle..i would have never sold it if i didnt have to.. it is however very small and i would reccomend the grip extension if ur a big guy. it makes a world of difference..

mind me asking how much u put up for the 15-22 ive been looking into one myself and i like the exact set up u got alot..

I like the 15-22 because it is a mini version of my M&P 15T and I can let the twins blast it for cheap. You can get one from $449 up to $529 depending on what options you get.

Guest josh123

I would reccomend the little desantis holster for it.. I had one and in my back left pocked it looked just like a wallet..i posted an ad here lookin for extra mags n got no replies.. Best place i found for mags was gunbroker.. Theres also a stricktly lcp sight that sells 10rd mags

Guest josh123
Hate to tell you but... you bought an LCP and not an LCR. The R is the Revolver.

Didnt even realize he typed that.. And probably never would have if u didnt say somethin haha

I would reccomend the little desantis holster for it.. I had one and in my back left pocked it looked just like a wallet..i posted an ad here lookin for extra mags n got no replies.. Best place i found for mags was gunbroker.. Theres also a stricktly lcp sight that sells 10rd mags

Do you have links?

Don't waste your money on any other holster. Go buy a Desantis Super Fly. The Nemesis was last months flavor!

The Super Fly is REALLY sticky, and leaves all of the grip easily grippable. It also has a reversible velcro panel to break up the shape of the gun. I'm not so worried about "printing" so much as my jeans wearing out in a gun shape over my pocket. The panel helps a ton, and doesn't get in the way of your draw at all.

I also love my Crimson Trace laser. Kind of pricey, but makes a mouse gun with crap sights much more usable. I love my LCP, and we had a really nice Valentine's day together.

--------

Guest josh123
a mouse gun with crap sights

the sights are almost non existent ha...i got a little glow in the dark nail polish kind of stuff forget the name of it but it basicallly turned them white during the day and they glowed at night..granted this is more of a point and shoot kinda gun but i still liked them for practice

simple cheaper soloution to the CT if ur looking to save a few bucks

Heres a better question...if the service and prices are so horrible why do you keep frequenting the store?

The prices always equate to what you would pay buying online plus the transfer fees (sometimes cheaper). They are the only store in the area that always has inventory. Every gun that I have wanted they have in stock with the exception of Les Baer and Wilson Combat.

I like the version of the 15-22 you got. I don't blame you for missing it bad enough to repurchase either. They are fun to shoot and look great with all kinds of stuff hangin off 'em.

I gotta say the Crimson Trace laser is an awesome addition to a gun that small. I was impressed with how accurate my little Kel-Tec P32 is with the laser. The battery lasts forever too. I know they are supposed to be a point-and-shoot gun, but on the occassion that it's all I have with me I wanna make the best shots I can.