Glock Breakdown

Guest 10mm4me

Guest 10mm4me

No, my G19 did not fail me. I decided to break it down fully, something I have not done in a LONG time. I was amazed at the crud that had built up in there, especially behind the extractor. It was really bad, like to the point where I think it may have caused an FTE some time soon. I think I am gonna do this at least once a year now or every 1,000rds at least, maybe not the frame as it was actually very clean (thanks to synthetic gun scrubber) but definitely the slide. If you haven't done this in a while I recommend it. It is stupidly simple.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yes it is good to do a full break down of your glock. once or twice a years seem to work for most. yes, you can get a lots of crud in a glock. normal cleaning will not get this crud out, only a full break down will work. i got an old g22 that i did not clean for several years. just ran ammo thru it, reloads and factory ammo. after several k's i did a full break down and the worst area was the firing pin channel..... other areas were dirty, but not as bad. the gun would have gone many more k's of rounds without the cleaning. that is why i like the glock. they will shoot no matter how well you take care of them.

Guest 10mm4me
Well, tell simply stupid here how to do it. :cool:

The simplest way to describe it is:

1. At the front of the firing pin channel, there is a piece of plastic in front of the tab that moves the firing pin back & forth.

2. With a small punch, slide this plastic forward, then slide the back plate off

3. Turn the slide upside down and everything falls out

4. Pull the extractor out then the small circular thing which is the firing pin safety/stop.

5. Assemble in reverse order, although it will only go together one way.

Guest gw2and4
FYI, stripped Glocks are dishwasher safe, just make sure you use the pots n' pans setting. :D

You ain't right. :cool:

PS - don't run your Glock through the dishwasher. It's a waste of time & water and may make your dishes taste like CLP or [insert your favorite gun chemical here]. Plus, the carbon build-up it harder to remove than peanut butter from a table knife. And we all know water and soap alone ain't gonna get that done...