Anybody suscribe to an online load data site?

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest bcbulldog78

I subscribe to loaddata - for my part it is pretty awesome. I have found a much more extensive load data for some calibers than i have found anywhere else. It has references to which manual the data was pulled from. Often the data is older manuals that are no longer in print. One of the main features I like about it is the ability to search by the various components. You can search by powder caliber, powder manufacturer, powder type, and projectile weight. All of the standard wrning apply and you have to use your brain with any load data to see if it passes the "sniff test" but so far I have found nothing for any of the cailbers that I load that would strike me as bad or unsafe data.

Thanks. That's the kind of thing I think I'd like to have access to. For example, I have some 240 grain half jacket 44 bullets I think were made by Speer. I've read that you should load them hot to aviod the jacket separating from the bullet and staying in the barrel. I haven't found any load data for them, however. I don't know if it would be the same as any other 240 gr jacket bullet or not.

You may want to do a google search for "Reloaders Reference v9.3x74r". Somebody went through some trouble to load the data from many books into a spreadsheet. It has thousands of loads in a searchable database. I've used it for years. Its free and may have what your looking for.

John