Background check fee

Guest nicemac

I agree that they would lose most of it but not everyone who buys a gun has a permit, there are lots of hunters that I know who buy long guns regularly but have no desire to carry so they dont have permits. Other folks simply want a gun for their home and wont ever obtain a permit.

Maybe there are not enough of those folks to support the operations of that part of the agency and it is us permit holders buying the bulk of guns sold each day.

Like I've said before we could have things better here but we sure could have them worse too. What we have aint that bad when compared to the worst of states.

Imagine how much revenue TN would receive in increased permit "sales" by offering that $10 "discount" for permit holders buying from FFLs.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Sgt. Joe
Imagine how much revenue TN would receive in increased permit "sales" by offering that $10 "discount" for permit holders buying from FFLs.

I dont know man, that only amounts to roughly 5% of the cost of getting a permit to start with and since it would only apply to each gun purchased I dont see it as bringing in all that much more money for the state or being a very big enticement for folks to get a permit.

A person would have to buy around 20 guns to get their initial investment back, of course they could then also carry. I do wish they would find a way to get more permits to more folks though.

Like Shoot says.....The fee is a money generator and it aint broke so they are not about to fix it.

EDIT: I may have misunderstood what you meant but I still dont see how a person knowing that they would not have to pay a TICS fee would cause all that many to obtain a permit.

Edited by Sgt. Joe