New here - just getting into firearms

Guest Moody

Hey folks - I'm obviously new, but am a reference from TNSPEED (the other site that's linked to this one).

My name is Chris, and I'm from Franklin/Nashville, and haven't owned many guns, but that's changing quickly. I currently own a 1962 Colt M1911 .45, which was a hand-me-down (and a hell of a nice gift, as well!), and am planning on picking up a Glock Model 23/.40 soon. I qualified with Mike's (he's on the forums here under "Mike"), and it's a pretty straight shooter and is easy to handle, and I especially liked the features/price. I'm looking forward to picking one up in the coming couple of months. I've also got a Winchester shotgun, for blowing holes in the ground and in trees... it's good for some juvenile fun, but it's a pretty good one as well.

Hope to make many more acquaintences here, and furthermore, hope to do some shooting with some of you very soon. How about it?

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey! Always glad to see another middle-TN person! I'm relatively new to shooting as well. What I've learned so far: "I dont know squat!" Keep training, keep practicing, and shooting will be more enjoyable and you will learn so much.

Welcome!

-Len

Guest Voodoo_1

Welcome! You will soon find out that owning guns is very addictive. The more you have,the more you want. Enjoy and safe shooting!:P

Guest Hyaloid

Welcome! I also am relatively new, only been shooting about 2 years. You'll get some great advice from some very knowledgable folks on this board.

Any advice from me should probably be verified with someone else :D Sometimes, free advice is worth what you pay for it :P

Guest Moody

Thanks for the warm welcome. I am very excited about getting into shooting some more, and have already thought about my approach to take as far as getting involved, buying firearms, and getting together with some fellow gun owners - I thought I'd just ask you guys! (ha).

I'll post some pics of what I'm working with as soon as possible. Unfortunately, I'm wiped out right now as far as finances, but I will be inquiring about future firearms purchases on this forum. Thanks! :P:D

Unfortunately, I'm wiped out right now as far as finances, but I will be inquiring about future firearms purchases on this forum. Thanks! :P:)

I know how you feel moody, I just got engaged. :D So instead of my next firearm purchase, its now a downpayment on a bedroom suit, or a new bill that will need to be paid. *sigh*

oh..and welcome to the board! there's a great bunch of guys here! LOTS of knowledge and viewpoints to draw on and lots of resources to find training.

:D:up::up:

Guest Moody
You the same Moody from 502SS?

Yes sir - surprised that you remember me. Did I sign up with that name over there? I haven't been on 502 in years.

Guest GlocKingTN
Yes sir - surprised that you remember me. Did I sign up with that name over there? I haven't been on 502 in years.

Did you just trade for a Blackberry cell phone from another member on 502SS called naymless?

Guest Moody
Did you just trade for a Blackberry cell phone from another member on 502SS called naymless?

No... the only thing that I'd be doing on 502SS is buying used Supra parts (I'm a Supra owner, and that's why I joined 502 - to see some big HP cars).

No cell phone for me, sorry. Hell, my name on there may even be "95Legend6Spd" - that's my old one before I started to use "Moody".

Guest GlocKingTN
No... the only thing that I'd be doing on 502SS is buying used Supra parts (I'm a Supra owner, and that's why I joined 502 - to see some big HP cars).

No cell phone for me, sorry. Hell, my name on there may even be "95Legend6Spd" - that's my old one before I started to use "Moody".

I was just wondering because I just sold a phone to a guy over on 502 and he had your exact name...Moody! Thought it may be you!