Never owned a .22 pistol until now

jgm219

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice, I have one. It is a fun little pistol. I have had a Ruger MKII forever. 22's are great fun and really cheap to shoot.

It's fun for sure. It's a little finicky with Federal ammo but seems to love CCI stuff well. I'm putting that off to the break in period.

All I've shot in mine so far has been CCI Minimags. Runs like a top.

After I fire off the Federals (I've got four hundred of a five-fifty brick left) I'm going to be sticking to the CCI. I had zero failures to feed, extract or fire with using one hundred of the CCI and two failure to fire and extract plus one failure to feed with the Feds. I was more than a little displeased with the ammo. The words I used once I got home were a little harsher though. Going to the range this weekend to see how the remaining Feds do. Like I said, this .22 is fun if not addictive.

After I fire off the Federals (I've got four hundred of a five-fifty brick left) I'm going to be sticking to the CCI. I had zero failures to feed, extract or fire with using one hundred of the CCI and two failure to fire and extract plus one failure to feed with the Feds. I was more than a little displeased with the ammo. The words I used once I got home were a little harsher though. Going to the range this weekend to see how the remaining Feds do. Like I said, this .22 is fun if not addictive.

i run Minimags in the P22, because that's what they recommend. I feed the other crap to my rifles. My 10/22 eats anything I feed it

I got one of thoses to break my wife in with pistols. It is a fun pistol for sure.

Let me know if after you shoot it for a while if you lose the front site. We had to replace the front site after the first trip to the range. Good thing it came with extra's. Other then that we have put probably 500 rounds though it already. Good shooting gun.

Been feeding it CCI and Winchester's no problems.

Nice pistol! The ex has one in pink. Her's runs great on CCI Mini-mags. Invest in some good ammo and have fun!

lol My daughter wants one in pink. I have to find out where your ex got hers. I've never seen them in anything but black. I understand now thatCCI's have the highest reliability factor. I'd read they were the best .22LR manufacturer and now I see why. The Feds were on sale and now I know that was, too.

i run Minimags in the P22, because that's what they recommend. I feed the other crap to my rifles. My 10/22 eats anything I feed it

When I'm at the range tomorrow I'm planning on trying everything that CCI offers. The other stuff'll have to wait around till I can get a .22 rifle myself.

I got one of thoses to break my wife in with pistols. It is a fun pistol for sure.

Let me know if after you shoot it for a while if you lose the front site. We had to replace the front site after the first trip to the range. Good thing it came with extra's. Other then that we have put probably 500 rounds though it already. Good shooting gun.

Been feeding it CCI and Winchester's no problems.

Thanks for mentioning that Vontar. When I first pulled the little ziploc bag out I was surprised to see spare front sights. My son and I have sent quite a few rounds down the tube but I didn't pay the front sight any mind during our cleaning. I guess that explains the spares. I should've guessed. Again, thanks for the tip. :)

The only complaint I have is that it's the "California Version" which ticks me off. I looked around for the barrel tool and thought it'd been left out. There was no mention of a CA version in the manual but after researching the pistol online... The threaded barrel would've been sweet but the funny thing is that I thought an assault weapon was a little bigger.:)

lol My daughter wants one in pink. I have to find out where your ex got hers. I've never seen them in anything but black. I understand now thatCCI's have the highest reliability factor. I'd read they were the best .22LR manufacturer and now I see why. The Feds were on sale and now I know that was, too.

She got hers new at a local pawn shop here in LaFollette. I've never seen another pink one on the shelf at any shop i've been to. However, I have seen them on gunbroker. So I know they're out there.

She got hers new at a local pawn shop here in LaFollette. I've never seen another pink one on the shelf at any shop i've been to. However, I have seen them on gunbroker. So I know they're out there.

I'm like you in the fact that I've never seen one at a shop but I'm going to look give Gunbroker a look.

I have a P22 and the frame is painted to look like carbon fiber.

Thanks for mentioning that Vontar. When I first pulled the little ziploc bag out I was surprised to see spare front sights. My son and I have sent quite a few rounds down the tube but I didn't pay the front sight any mind during our cleaning. I guess that explains the spares. I should've guessed. Again, thanks for the tip. ;)

The only complaint I have is that it's the "California Version" which ticks me off. I looked around for the barrel tool and thought it'd been left out. There was no mention of a CA version in the manual but after researching the pistol online... The threaded barrel would've been sweet but the funny thing is that I thought an assault weapon was a little bigger.:D

The spares are different sizes, and are for elevation adjustment.

Guest Keinengel

I want a P22 but I've got other things to invest in at the moment so It'll be a while for me. I had an older Colt Target .22 that had a 5.5' Bull barrel and stainless finish. It was a great shooter and very reliable. I had a FTF/FTE in the bulk pack ammo every now and then but the way I see it, you get what you pay for on that. I don't get bothered If a I get a few crappy rounds out of the 550.

Its not like I'm trusting my life on the reliablity of bulk pack .22 ammo.... :D

Guest buttonhook

once you find which front sight it needs to be sighted in a very very small dot of glue holds it very nicely. Both of mine shot low and I had to replace the sight with the shortest one in the pack. you should see numbers on them a 4, a 3, and a 2. it should have the 3 installed from the factory. I had to use the 2. it still shoot a little low but as long as I know it I can ajust my aim for it.

BTW walther makes them in all kinds of colors and camo patterns. you daughter might like the pink digital camo