Clarksville Park Carry revisited

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The comments to the article are hilarious. The interesting thing is, they parallel and parrot the exact same taking points of a like story from anywhere, the "wild west" and shoot outs at little league games, the same drivel gets posted no matter where the discussion is being held.

Guest Jcochran88
Uhhh, can they do that legally? I thought the law was a all or nothing deal...

That's what I was thinking also. But either way Rotary park is right across the road from my office so it will be nice to be able to go there again.

Uhhh, can they do that legally? I thought the law was a all or nothing deal...

I don't see anything in the statute that says it has to be all parks vs no parks. All the verbiage is in the "a park" nature.

The all or none has to do with each park, wherein carry is allowed or prohibited for the entire park.

- OS

The comments to the article are hilarious. The interesting thing is, they parallel and parrot the exact same taking points of a like story from anywhere, the "wild west" and shoot outs at little league games, the same drivel gets posted no matter where the discussion is being held.

That may be a result of the universality of the absence of rational thought generally operating in the "anti-gun" end of the spectrum. The opposition to "guns" is rarely if ever about "facts" and "truth" but rather, their agenda (which has nothing to do with facts) for the zealots/activists; or emotion for the average person who is "afraid" of guns (which is often a matter of ignorance more than anything else).

Edited by RobertNashville
Guest Jcochran88
I don't see anything in the statute that says it has to be all parks vs no parks. All the verbiage is in the "a park" nature.

The all or none has to do with each park, wherein carry is allowed or prohibited for the entire park.

- OS

Thanks for clarification.

Here is an article from the local liar.

Ban lifted, handguns still prohibited at many parks | theleafchronicle.com | The Leaf Chronicle

Attn Clarksville residents...

These 3 need to go! They are not reps of my district.

Don't know the first, but the 2nd and 3rd are puppets.

I know the 2nd one personally. He's been wanting to

be important for a long time. I guess he thinks he is

now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It appears that the "use by schools" issue was the limiting factor.

Ok...well I sort of got that from what I read.

Just wasn't sure why they couldn't lift the general ban and allow 39-17-1309 to prohibit carry only while in use by a school. But I don't know the logistics of it all, so perhaps it is easier to just leave the general ban in place. However signs that say No Firearms during School use are just as easy to post as 39-17-1311 signs.

If I can use the term "blighted neighborhood", that's more likely the parks that

carry would be disallowed. Oh, and Riverside Drive Riverwalk. They never have

done anything about the drugs and whatever else goes on down there.

Really, the only safe places in Clarksville are the ones where guns are allowed,

and the neighbors that will run the bastards out. There ought to be a hunting

season for the bipedal bucks, with no limit.

I am not sure what is going on at Rotary Park, but something is weird there. Since I live in Sango, I like to use Rotary for mountain biking in the dry season and i like to walk my dogs on the trails there. However, there are a lot of "trolling" going on there. I don't know if it's drug deals or gay sex hookups. I often see a single male pull up and park. They don't get out, they just sit there and later another single male pulls up and parks nearby. I don't hang out to see what all happens, but it seems to happen every time I am there. Either way, I want a gun on my hip.

Y'all worried about getting raped?

I mean, ya can't just go around shooting queers, ya know.

- OS

I am an equal opportunity shooter. :P

That does actually make me feel better. I thought all those guys were staring at me cause I looked fat in my bike shorts. Now I know they were just admiring my package!!!