Can't stay away.

robin48

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes a few nice 1911s should be sufficient treatment, lol

You can try this treatment, but it rarely works. I've bought several 1911's since I bought my first Glock. The 1911's either get traded off or hide in the back of the safe like the unworthy, overpriced, less reliable whores that they are. :P

You can try this treatment, but it rarely works. I've bought several 1911's since I bought my first Glock. The 1911's either get traded off or hide in the back of the safe like the unworthy, overpriced, less reliable whores that they are. :)

Bored with the open carry threads, eh? :)

:P

Yes a few nice 1911s should be sufficient treatment, lol

Exactly what I was going to say ...........

Ex multiple Glock owner myself - now converted to SIG and 1911 .......... I loved my Glocks for 15 years and really can't say a bad thing about them. Carried a G22/27/31/33 for quite some time and had zero issues.

But, after owning a few SIGs, and most recently a few 1911s, I don't see myself going back - but you never know with this sickness!! For many years I never saw the point of spending over $600.00 on a new handgun - until I tried/purchased my first SIG. Now I prefer them over just about everything else. Never thought I'd say that.

Nor did I ever think I would fancy a 1911 ............ My thinking was "why would I want such a beefy, heavy frame, with 1/2 the magazine capacity of my Glocks along with having to add another caliber to my collection (as I did not own anything in .45 ACP) when I have a nice, manageable, easy to clean, polymer frame with 9mm, .40 S&W and 357SIG capability after a simple barrel swap?" Well, I thought that until I tried a 1911 at a range. I fell in love right away, sold the rest of my Glocks, and now own two 1911s as well. Go figure! It's just a sickness man .......... with a little time and a few more guns I think you'll be alright.

If I had more $$ I wouldn't have to sell one to get another ............. but some of us just aren't that fortunate. I'd take another Glock without hesitiation - I just prefer the other options at this time. I've done the same thing with rifles, shotguns, 22s and AR15s ......... bought, sold, traded ........ over and over. Come to think of it, I've just realized that I may need some help as well ............ "GULP"

Edited by FIRERESCUEO2
Guest mustangdave

Not being a GLOCK owner...I would think, from some of the stories posted here and elsewhere. The first, or maybe the second time if you're tough, you experience GLOCK BUTT...you'll be down at you local Gun Emporium...looking to trade or replace your "friendly" 40S&W ASS MASTER Glock

There is no treatment. Everything that has come through my ownership over the past years... all that remains are Glocks... and Rugers, of all things...

Yes, Mike, but let's face it you are really a strange guy. What sort of person sells SIGs to buy anything? I mean, well, that's simply irrational. :)

Not being a GLOCK owner...I would think, from some of the stories posted here and elsewhere. The first, or maybe the second time if you're tough, you experience GLOCK BUTT...you'll be down at you local Gun Emporium...looking to trade or replace your "friendly" 40S&W ASS MASTER Glock

I'm sorry for sounding antagonistic but the "you'll shoot yourself in the a$$" posts are about the stupidist waste of space on all the interweb. If you don't like Glocks because they are plastic that's fine. If you don't like the ergos that's fine too. If you don't like them because they are not American, that's fine. Everyone has personal preferences but the whole "Glock butt" thing is really just a pile of :).

*Edit- The whole I don't like your gun so it means you'll shoot yourself in the a$$ is akin to saying I don't like Mustangs so that obviously means you will wreck yours... No independent rear suspension and all...

Edited by JReedEsq
Yes, Mike, but let's face it you are really a strange guy. What sort of person sells SIGs to buy anything? I mean, well, that's simply irrational. :)

Ah, the wonders of being a steel player... ;)

Actually, the DA to SA transition was just something I never got comfortable with.

I'm sorry for sounding antagonistic but the "you'll shoot yourself in the a$$" posts are about the stupidist waste of space on all the interweb. If you don't like Glocks because they are plastic that's fine. If you don't like the ergos that's fine too. If you don't like them because they are not American, that's fine. Everyone has personal preferences but the whole "Glock butt" thing is really just a pile of :).

I agree. I never heard that crap anywhere except the internet.

Ah, the wonders of being a steel player... :)

Actually, the DA to SA transition was just something I never got comfortable with.

Really? I love it. My first real pistol was a S&W 69 followed by a Walther PPK before I got my first SIG, the 226. After that I never looked back. The DA/SA, for me. makes me more deliberate on the first shot and then quicker on followup shots. I guess it all boils down to personal preferences. I've had four or five Glocks over the years and for some reason, they just never felt right, so they're all gone. Of course, so's the 69, traded for my second SIG and the PPK, sold because the slide kept cutting through the web of my hand and was taking longer to heal each time.

I'll never be a Glock guy, but I can't criticize them, they're just not for me. I like real guns, like SIGs. ;)

Edited by MikePapa1
correcting stupid typo

*Edit- The whole I don't like your gun so it means you'll shoot yourself in the a$$ is akin to saying I don't like Mustangs so that obviously means you will wreck yours... No independent rear suspension and all...

Everbody knows you can just as easily shoot yourself in the ass with an M&P. Kegger has pictures ;)

It's just a way of razzing Glock owners, since there's nothing wrong with the guns.

Really? I love it. My first real pistol was a S&W 69 followed by a Walther PPK before I got my first SIG, the 226. After that I never looked back. The DA/SA, for me. makes me more deliberate on the first shot and then quicker on followup shots. I guess it all boils down to personal preferences. I've had four or five Glocks over the years and for some reason, they just never felt right, so they're all gone. Of course, so's the 69, traded for my second SIG and the PPK, sold because the slide kept cutting through the web of my hand and was taking longer to heal each time.

I'll never be a Glock guy, but I can't criticize them, they're just not for me. I like real guns, like SIGs. :)

So, I'm not the only one. I love my striker fired pistol, but I always feel like I have to be a little more careful with it. I don't have the same feeling with my DA/SA pistols. Or course, I've had a DA/SA pistol for over 30 years, and the striker gun is still fairly new to me.

Edited by mikegideon

I'll never be a Glock guy, but I can't criticize them, they're just not for me. I like real guns, like SIGs. :)

Now this is a real criticism. Seriously, you prefer the DA/SA and you don't like Glock ergos. Valid points. Sorry I had to vent about the other posting but if I started saying all HK owners were facists I'm sure a moderator would eventually get around to deleting my posts as BS...

I started out looking at SIGs for a CCW but there were so many reports of shoddy workmanship from their Exeter plant that I ultimately bought a HK USPc....then decided I wanted to go smaller and got a Glock 26. I'm sure anecdotal Web reports are blown out of proportion, but I could find very little negative about the quality of Glock or HK.

FWIW, I never liked the grip angle on my brother's Glock 17 but it's not an issue on the G26 where I'm tucking the pinky under the grip.

Now this is a real criticism. Seriously, you prefer the DA/SA and you don't like Glock ergos. Valid points. Sorry I had to vent about the other posting but if I started saying all HK owners were facists I'm sure a moderator would eventually get around to deleting my posts as BS...

J, I understand perfectly. Much of the chatter is of the my gun is the world's best, yours isn't worth anything nature. Not so much here, but in many other places on the net. I have no substantive criticism of Glocks, in fact they're clearly great firearms. They're just not my cup of tea.

Now, that being said, I do like to kid Glock owners, well, because many are so sensitive about their guns being called "tactical Tupperware" and such. But mine is good natured. I never had a malfunction with any of the Glocks I owned, I just found I couldn't fall in love with them. I sort of equate most of these discussions on the same level as the Ford/Chevy/Mopar discussions that were rampant when I was growing up. I never really got worked up over them either, after all, I drove a British car. No one who had a love affair with British cars ever had the guts to criticize anyone else's car. I think the same goes for pistol preference.

J, I understand perfectly. Much of the chatter is of the my gun is the world's best, yours isn't worth anything nature. Not so much here, but in many other places on the net. I have no substantive criticism of Glocks, in fact they're clearly great firearms. They're just not my cup of tea.

Now, that being said, I do like to kid Glock owners, well, because many are so sensitive about their guns being called "tactical Tupperware" and such. But mine is good natured. I never had a malfunction with any of the Glocks I owned, I just found I couldn't fall in love with them. I sort of equate most of these discussions on the same level as the Ford/Chevy/Mopar discussions that were rampant when I was growing up. I never really got worked up over them either, after all, I drove a British car. No one who had a love affair with British cars ever had the guts to criticize anyone else's car. I think the same goes for pistol preference.

I really shouldn't get worked up over these things either, but here's the thing: I'm the first to admit I've only been into guns and shooting for the last few years and I like to use these forums to actually learn something when I can. I recognize good natured teasing when I see it and I can clearly see your intent was to state your personal preference with a little bit of good natured teasing tossed in for fun. Sometimes, however, it gets a little annoying to wade through a lot of BS (that often perpetuates a lot of nonsense) just to get some substantive information about the basis of someone's personal preference.

Guest mustangdave
I'm sorry for sounding antagonistic but the "you'll shoot yourself in the a$$" posts are about the stupidist waste of space on all the interweb. If you don't like Glocks because they are plastic that's fine. If you don't like the ergos that's fine too. If you don't like them because they are not American, that's fine. Everyone has personal preferences but the whole "Glock butt" thing is really just a pile of ;).

OUCH...I musta hit a sore spot there...it was HUMOR...GEEEEEEZ. No offense meant....

EDIT...just for the record...I've shot a couple GLOCKS...they're not half bad

Edited by mustangdave