Kimber Pro Carry II 9mm

Guest timcooks

Guest timcooks

Looking at picking one of these up for a carry pistol for my wife. Anyone have any experience, Gripes, or Complaints about them. Looks good, but I am not sure if Kimber has worked all the bugs out of them...

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a .45 Kimber UC ... Went bang each & every time .... Replacement parts are a bit expensive (I had to get UC recoil spring assembly) from kimber and it was $45 + shipping ....

full size or carry models should likely have interchangeable parts with other 1911's.

I really liked my kimber during the time I owned it

I have a pro carry II in .45 acp and it works perfectly now that I've changed the magazines. The factory Kimber mags are garbage.

Just recently purchased a Pro Carry II and took it out yesterday. Having heard the stories on Kimber mags, I bought some Wilson Combat 47D mags. I ran about 100 rounds thru 2 Kimber and 2 Wilson mags. Didn't really have any issues with either, but that's just short term. I marked each mag and will watch the performance in future sessions. As far as the Kimber, shot well and was pretty accurate. Had one FTE with it. Took it back to John Wall at Eastside, where John pulled the extractor and cleaned and filed just a hair off. I'll take it back to the range next week and try it again.

I'd sure like to check out a 9mm in the 1911 platform though. With my limited experiences with Kimbers, I couldn't say much more than I like it so far.

Guest timcooks

Great, thanks alot. I have heard abot the mags, and the poor customer service. I am quite hesitant about any FTE's or other regular malfunctions...

If you're going to shoot it quite a bit, go ahead and get some Wolff replacement recoil springs (22# Kimber "Improved") for it. After several hundred rounds, I started experiencing some feeding issues, wherein the round wouldn't chamber fully, causing a failure to return to battery. Replacing the recoil spring eliminated the issue; Kimber recommends a spring change every 800 rounds for their Ultra and Pro models.

I'm still learning about 1911's. Is that round count normal for other makes? Or just for the Kimbers? I haven't experienced that with any of my others. Colt Officers Model/ Sprinfield Operator/ and Taurus. I even have an old Auto Ordnance from around 1975/76. Unknown round count, but it is possiblly in need of new springs and bushing.