Boomstick 870

gunrunner32

So I'm helping a friend at work refinish his Remington 870. He pulled it out before hunting season to find it had a lot of surface rust and the wood wasn't in the best of shape. He took the wood to refinish, I wook the metal to refinish after he tried with oil and steel wool. Needless to say his method left him with a shiny gun. I asked him what he wanted and he said just make it back so I said no problem, black is easy. Shortly before starting the project he said he wanted to have the word "BOOMSTICK" down the side in a tan, again not a problem. A vinyl cutter maked graphics easy, so I picked a font that I felt best reminded me of an "Evil Dead" theme since I couldn't get the exact font to load into the cutting program. I'm extremely bad about doing a before and after thing, it's always an after thought.

Also with the wood he is looking to put a high shine on them, anyone have any suggestions for me to pass on to him?

Here are the results, and let me know what you think.

Remington870Boomstick1.jpg

Remington870Boomstick2.jpg

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I'm going to get some of that TruOil and try that little thing out, it was a good thread on rimfire central and it looked like it had some great results. I need to get down to your place GT and give you back your shotgun. I should be ready to head to the Nashville area to buy/order me a new pistol anyhow by Friday. Oh and spraying Parker over a fresh parkerized gun is like coloring a blue piece of paper with a blue marker.

Guest GunTroll

So what are you saying? Worth it or not? Easy or a pain? I'm sure it will look good because you and I had a hand in it.

I'm just not tracking on your statement.

EDIT: I'll set you up on a finish when we meet.

Oh no it looks great. I was just saying that coating it the same color it already is makes it kind of difficult to see exactly where you started and stopped. I figured it out though, I had my light angled so I could see the sheen difference. I'll be asking for pictures once you get it put back together anyhow, I want to see it all done. Right now I'm holding the pieces up together and the contrast looks great but without anything going together it's hard to imagine it all done.