Gun Buster signs

Guest GallatinTN

Guest GallatinTN

I know all of you agree with me, but I want to "vent". It is stupid to put a Gun Buster sign on your business. Criminals don't follow rules, especially a stupid sticker on the front door. It only stops all the law abiding citizens from carrying in your business, which will be your only defense against the bad guys.

What is the purpose of the Gun Buster signs, besides creating a soft target?

:D

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know all of you agree with me, but I want to "vent". It is stupid to put a Gun Buster sign on your business. Criminals don't follow rules, especially a stupid sticker on the front door. It only stops all the law abiding citizens from carrying in your business, which will be your only defense against the bad guys.

I believe this is the view of every law-abiding, sensible gun owner.

I think those shops are called stop and robs.

I don't know, those signs generally keep me out if I can avoid them.

I prefer to spend my money where I am welcome and not disarmed.

Prosecutor who just graduated law school asks: "Then how did you pass the written exam and shooting qualification portion of your HCP test?"

ADA... Had the instructor give him the test orally, and a legally blind man can pass the shooting test :)

Truth be told, as a joke we wanted to see if a blind person could pass the HCP test... so we took a buddy and blind folded him... he passed on the first try... now he shoots so much you'd think he was born with a pistol in his hand... but the point is clear, even somebody who can't legally drive a car could easily see well enough to hit the big black blob 70% of the time.

ADA... Had the instructor give him the test orally, and a legally blind man can pass the shooting test :)

Truth be told, as a joke we wanted to see if a blind person could pass the HCP test... so we took a buddy and blind folded him... he passed on the first try... now he shoots so much you'd think he was born with a pistol in his hand... but the point is clear, even somebody who can't legally drive a car could easily see well enough to hit the big black blob 70% of the time.

Yea, kinda missed the point there Jay. And I'm not sure, but I would think if you used "I can't see ****" as an excuse for missing a sign, you might be sans HCP rather quickly.

Businesses put them up for any number of reasons but their reasons are immaterial - they have a right to do so. Businesses either thrive or barely survive or go out of business because of the business decisions they make; that's how the free enterprise system works.

Unless I simply cannot do otherwise for some reason I will not give my custom to a business that isn't as welcoming of my firearm as they are of my dollars and I urge everyone else to do the same.

On a related note, here is a little story you might enjoy...

At TFA meetings, many people open carry their firearms. At the meeting we had on the 18th of this month, I noticed that there was a "young" (probably early 20s) man standing outside the restaurant and very obviously agitated...obviously angry at/about something which immediately cause me to be a bit wary of him. Anyway; when I got inside and was paying for the buffet, the cashier asked if I was there for the TFA meeting (we get a small discount) and I said "yes"...she then asked if I had noticed the guy outside and again I indicated I had - she then told me he was upset/angry because "there were people with guns in the restaurant" and that he demanded the restaurant call the police to which the manager replied "why...they'll just show up with guns too?". :)

Apparently the kid did call the police and I suspect they told him what he could do with himself.

Edited by RobertNashville

My wife has her HCP but that is largely because I have mine. The other night, I think I finally got her to understand why it pisses me off so much to see that a place is posted and why I try to avoid giving them my business. The way I explained it was more or less as follows (I know you guys know the legalities but this also explains why I take offense to places being posted) :

Carrying illegally is no more or less illegal whether a sign is posted or not. There are no additional penalties for a person who is carrying illegally for carrying into a legally posted place. A person who is arrested for carrying illegally will suffer the same penalties, regardless, so a sign has no bearing on carrying illegally and a person who is carrying illegally isn't going to disarm because of a stupid sign that doesn't affect them, anyway. A person with a valid HCP, however, who is carrying legally can be charged with a misdemeanor and end up paying a $500 fine just because of that stupid sign. Therefore, the sign is directed solely at people who are legally carrying. By posting that sign, they are telling me that they don't trust me and don't want my business. So, fine, f*** 'em. I'll try to abide by their wishes and not give them my business.

Edited by JAB

Carrying illegally is no more or less illegal whether a sign is posted or not. There are no additional penalties for a person who is carrying illegally for carrying into a legally posted place. A person who is arrested for carrying illegally will suffer the same penalties, regardless, so a sign has no bearing on carrying illegally and a person who is carrying illegally isn't going to disarm because of a stupid sign that doesn't affect them, anyway. A person with a valid HCP, however, who is carrying legally can be charged with a misdemeanor and end up paying a $500 fine just because of that stupid sign. Therefore, the sign is directed solely at people who are legally carrying. By posting that sign, they are telling me that they don't trust me and don't want my business. So, fine, f*** 'em. I'll try to abide by their wishes and not give them my business.

Agreed.

if they do not like my gun than they will not get my money.other stores will be glad to get it. i went to a gun store last weel ahd they had a gunbuster sign up.i ask the cleark about it and he said it was for the people wanting to sell or trade guns . they have gotten alot of ammo out of unloaded guns when they racked the slide back to check.

Edited by dou44

nogunfront.png

noguns.jpg

My thought exactly.

If I can do with out a business I will.

Sometimes there are exceptions, like a doctors office, something that you can't just shop around.

I have noticed 2 of my doctors offices have been posted with the same sign. I don't believe the sign is a legal sign but their meaning is clear.

if they do not like my gun than they will not get my money.other stores will be glad to get it. i went to a gun store last weel ahd they had a gunbuster sign up.i ask the cleark about it and he said it was for the people wanting to sell or trade guns . they have gotten alot of ammo out of unloaded guns when they racked the slide back to check.

I like the sign Gander MNT has, it says something about all firearms going in for repair must be unloaded and in a case. It then says something about this does not apply to their customers that have HCP. In short, they put it out that they welcome HCP customers.

gunfree.gif

Growing up, I knew a person that had this sign and I always liked it. I was probalby no more then 8 first time I remember seeing it. It was right out side her home.

8x10Gun.JPG

Edited by vontar
Guest Alexander07
My wife has her HCP but that is largely because I have mine. The other night, I think I finally got her to understand why it pisses me off so much to see that a place is posted and why I try to avoid giving them my business. The way I explained it was more or less as follows (I know you guys know the legalities but this also explains why I take offense to places being posted) :

Well said!

I think there are 3 main reasons a place post.

1. They are simply anti-gun

2. Liabitly. They are worried about being sued for the actions of someone they "allowed" to go armed in their place.

3. So if they see a gun they can call the Police, cry foul etc.... without having to wait and see what, if anything, is going to happen next.

I think there are only a very, very few that actually think it will prevent a crime from happening.

Guest mmarcum

If I can do with out a business I will.

Sometimes there are exceptions, like a doctors office, something that you can't just shop around.

I have noticed 2 of my doctors offices have been posted with the same sign. I don't believe the sign is a legal sign but their meaning is clear.”

You would love my doctor and his handgun beliefs! I went in one day for a checkup and blood work and was carrying a G17. I knew nurse ratchet (she really is a lovely person) would weigh me and give me the BS over every ounce I had gained so I left all non-essentials in the truck Glock included. When the Doc examined me he saw my belt slide and inquired as to why my handgun was not inside it. When I explained it to him he just laughed and said don’t worry about what she would have to say about the extra weight, he wanted to examine my Glock more than he wanted to examine me.

My doctor is an avid enthusiast and have actually ran into him at a couple of local gun shows. Got to love your friendly armed and educated health care provider!!

I think there are 3 main reasons a place post.

1. They are simply anti-gun

2. Liabitly. They are worried about being sued for the actions of someone they "allowed" to go armed in their place.

3. So if they see a gun they can call the Police, cry foul etc.... without having to wait and see what, if anything, is going to happen next.

I think there are only a very, very few that actually think it will prevent a crime from happening.

It is my personal belief the #2 is the main reason, which in one sense is a bunch of #2. Most folks put personal beliefs aside when is comes to making the $$$, even when that belief is supportive of 2a.

I have noticed 2 of my doctors offices have been posted with the same sign. I don't believe the sign is a legal sign but their meaning is clear.

I have to ask are they both using this sign? 2 of my doctors offices in Oak Ridge are using this one.

669962353_photobucket_44010_.jpg

Guest peacexxl
Businesses put them up for any number of reasons but their reasons are immaterial - they have a right to do so. Businesses either thrive or barely survive or go out of business because of the business decisions they make; that's how the free enterprise system works.

Unless I simply cannot do otherwise for some reason I will not give my custom to a business that isn't as welcoming of my firearm as they are of my dollars and I urge everyone else to do the same.

At TFA meetings, many people open carry their firearms. At the meeting we had on the 18th of this month, I noticed that there was a "young" (probably early 20s) man standing outside the restaurant and very obviously agitated...obviously angry at/about something which immediately cause me to be a bit wary of him. Anyway; when I got inside and was paying for the buffet, the cashier asked if I was there for the TFA meeting (we get a small discount) and I said "yes"...she then asked if I had noticed the guy outside and again I indicated I had - she then told me he was upset/angry because "there were people with guns in the restaurant" and that he demanded the restaurant call the police to which the manager replied "why...they'll just show up with guns too?". :D

Apparently the kid did call the police and I suspect they told him what he could do with himself.

That is GREAT!!! LOL!

You should give these guys a plug.

At TFA meetings, many people open carry their firearms. At the meeting we had on the 18th of this month, I noticed that there was a "young" (probably early 20s) man standing outside the restaurant and very obviously agitated...obviously angry at/about something which immediately cause me to be a bit wary of him. Anyway; when I got inside and was paying for the buffet, the cashier asked if I was there for the TFA meeting (we get a small discount) and I said "yes"...she then asked if I had noticed the guy outside and again I indicated I had - she then told me he was upset/angry because "there were people with guns in the restaurant" and that he demanded the restaurant call the police to which the manager replied "why...they'll just show up with guns too?". :)

I need a new keyboard. Mine is full of Dr Pepper now....