Juanita's Cafe In Little Rock, AR

Guest 85rx-7gsl-se

Guest 85rx-7gsl-se

I was wondering if anyone had any insight. I am looking at taking an overnight trip to Arkansas to take my girl to see her favorite band play at Juanita's in Little Rock. Now I know from reading that it appears Arkansas does it like Mississippi where you arent allowed to carry in a bar but a restaurant is fine as long as you arent in the bar. So is this place a bar or a restaurant? lol

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Arkansas' defintion of a Restaraunt...

§3-9-402

(8) "Restaurant" means: any public or private place, without sleeping accommodations and that place:

(A) Is kept, used, maintained, advertised, and held out to the public or to a private or restricted membership as a place whose primary function and purpose is to take orders for and to serve food and food items;

(:) Actually serves full and complete meals prepared in a fully equipped and sanitary kitchen and prepared from uncooked foods for service to and for consumption by its guests or members on the premises;

© Has a seating capacity of at least fifty (50) people;

(D) Has employed a sufficient number and kind of employees to prepare, cook, and serve suitable foods to its guests or members;

(E) On Sundays, serves alcoholic beverages on-premises only, in conjunction with meals;

(F) Serves food on all days of operations;

(G) Maintains separate sales figures for alcoholic beverages; and

(H) Has gross sales of sixty percent (60%) or more from the sale of food, food items, and nonalcoholic beverages, or, in the case of excursion boats, has gross sales of sixty percent (60%) of their gross income from boat rental fees and sales of food and nonalcoholic beverages

From http://www.handgunlaw.us/states/arkansas.pdf

Juanita's is a restaurant. They serve Mexican food in the daytime/evening. You will want to carry a gun there, especially at night because it is close to downtown Little Rock and right by a dangerous neighborhood. I would advise you to not wander around that neighborhood south of Interstate 630. There is nothing against the law about carrying in the 'bar area' of a restaurant in Arkansas. There is nothing against the law about drinking while carrying a handgun in Arkansas say at a restaurant. You can get in trouble (license canned) for carrying your handgun while comitting an alcohol related offense, like DWI, public intoxication, drinking on the public road. Don't call Juanita's and don't call ASP, just carry your gun concealed. Arkansas is land of the don't ask don't tell man.

Guest 85rx-7gsl-se

Haha I have never been past West Memphis. I just booked a room at the Legacy in Little Rock which is about a mile from Juanitas. Thought about driving out to Hot Springs after the show but decided not to.

If you have the time for a brunch or dinner, you'll be sort of close to Loca Luna in Little Rock. Loca luna has a good brunch. There is also a brewery pizza place called Vino's that is good downtown. Diamond Bear Brewing is downtown. You can carry out beer and go on tours I believe, even on Sunday. Bosco's and Flying Saucer are downtown in the River Market area with some other bars.

Guest 85rx-7gsl-se

Thanks for the info. I know we wont get into town till about 6 and the show starts at 7:30 so probably will go to the hotel then show. May try to eat afterwards somewhere nice. Then Saturday I am debating whether we should just look around Little Rock or make the extra hour drive to Hot Springs.