Unpossible

Guest kirkosaurus

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have accounts at two banks.

I have yet to see a First Tennessee posted.

At Home Federal, the branch by my house is not posted against carrying a gun but they have signage to not wear hats, sunglasses or a hood. The branch in Bearden is posted to not carry a gun and also no hats, hoodies, or sunglasses.

I wear a hat and may or may not have sunglasses on, I am not taking them off, and I have yet to see a metal detector at the Bearden branch.

I did ask the teller once at the Bearden branch if the signs made her feel safer from armed robbery. She said NO.

The odds are not really in you favor in regards to bank robbery, sooner or later they will get you.

First picture I have ever seen that is clear enough to recognize the person, usually one can barely be sure that it is a human being in the fuzzy picture.

We all know that posting IAW the law will prevent anyone . . . EVERYONE from entering with a firearm:rolleyes:

Edited by TCLouis
Guest kirkosaurus
Obviously it works; he used a note instead of a gun.

He may not have had one buy I'll that note didn't say "give me your money or I'll shoot you with this banana in my right hand jacket pocket".

Guest tnxdshooter

Here is the email I just fired off to William burch at william.burch@regions.com

Mr. Burch,

I had written to your bank back in September of 10, in reference to you guys posting the gun buster signs at your locations and taking away my right as a permit holder to carry a gun. Well with your canned response I decided to take my money out of your bank because my email/communication had fallen on deaf ears. I told you at the time that if you thought these signs would prevent robberies you were living in a dream world. BOY! was I right or what? Looks like y'all got robbed in Nashville. I told you these signs would not be a deterent to criminals.

Regions Bank Robbery Suspect Sought

Wake up and smell the coffee. In case the link doesnt work for you here is the story.

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

January 24, 2011

Metro Police and the FBI’s Violent Crimes Task Force are asking for the public’s assistance in identifying the man who this morning robbed Regions Bank’s 315 Deaderick Street branch.

The suspect approached the teller at 10 a.m. and presented a robbery demand note. He was given cash and fled on foot.

The suspect is described as a black man who is approximately six feet tall with a medium build. He entered the bank wearing a black coat, black jeans and black knit cap.

Anyone who has information concerning the robbery is urged to contact Detective Reggie Miller with the FBI Violent Crimes Task Force at 232-7500 or Crime Stoppers at 74-CRIME. Citizens can also send an electronic tip to Crime Stoppers by texting the word “CASH†along with their message to 274637 (CRIMES) or online at www.nashvillecrimestoppers.com. Persons who contact Crime Stoppers by phone or text message can remain anonymous and qualify for a cash reward.

RegionsRobbery.jpg

###

Disclaimer: These links are being provided as a convenience and for informational purposes only; they do not constitute an endorsement or an approval by the Metropolitan Nashville Police Department of any of the products, services or opinions of the corporation or organization or individual. The Metropolitan Nashville Police Department bears no responsibility for the accuracy, legality or content of the external site or for that of subsequent links. Contact the external site for answers to questions regarding its content.

Send questions or comments about

Guest DylisTN

Well. This guy is really in trouble now! When they catch him, they'll add trespassing charges! No, they can't no gun was visible. Shouldn't the clerk have pointed out that the bank was posted and he was not allowed bring a gun in!

But, I think the signs are there because the FBI and Insurance companies are concerned about a legal carrier turning a robbery into a gunfight. We by our actions and speech need to convince them otherwise. And what would they do if the robber after getting his cash decides to kill someone? This is not unheard of.

Edited by DylisTN
Second thought
Well. This guy is really in trouble now! When they catch him, they'll add trespassing charges! No, they can't no gun was visible. Shouldn't the clerk have pointed out that the bank was posted and he was not allowed bring a gun in!

Nothing I've read or seen says he had a gun.

But, I think the signs are there because the FBI and Insurance companies are concerned about a legal carrier turning a robbery into a gunfight. We by our actions and speech need to convince them otherwise. And what would they do if the robber after getting his cash decides to kill someone? This is not unheard of.

If that was the case wouldn't all banks be posted or off-limits by law?

There is another thread as to why Regions banks are posted if you want to read it. Thread here, post with letter of explination here

Guest DylisTN
Nothing I've read or seen says he had a gun.

If that was the case wouldn't all banks be posted or off-limits by law?

There is another thread as to why Regions banks are posted if you want to read it. Thread here, post with letter of explination here

I read alot of that posting back when it started.

Not all bank management is anti 2end amendment. And they know that the threat of adding a misdemeanor charge by carrying past the sign will not deter someone committing an armed robbery of a bank.

A posting on another forum had a response from a bank that said they were just following FBI recommendations. Anybody know anything about this or can confirm this?

Maybe this should be a new thread, to discuss the rationale for posting.

But, I think the signs are there because the FBI and Insurance companies are concerned about a legal carrier turning a robbery into a gunfight.

Maybe, but if I were in a bank as it was being robbed, unless I am personally in danger, I am not initiating a gunfight. In this situation, I have no interest in being a hero. He can take all of the bank's money that he wants.

I read alot of that posting back when it started.

Not all bank management is anti 2end amendment. And they know that the threat of adding a misdemeanor charge by carrying past the sign will not deter someone committing an armed robbery of a bank.

A posting on another forum had a response from a bank that said they were just following FBI recommendations. Anybody know anything about this or can confirm this?

Maybe this should be a new thread, to discuss the rationale for posting.

If a bank actually said that it is my guess they just said that to try and end the debate. Of course the FBI (not necessarily individual agents) probably would prefer the general citizenry not carry anywhere....