A little project: Knoxville Carry Location List

Guest GradStudent

Guest GradStudent

I've been trying to use the carry prohibited location section on this site and on No Guns.. No Business! to try to figure out where I can carry. I found both to be a little bulky and frustrating to use with the following complaints:

1. I have to use a search since there is no list.
  2. [deleted]

In response, I have created this:

Knoxville Carry List

This is a list any of you can view and submit locations to. Some guidelines to submission are:

1. Only submit Knoxville locations (I may work on expanding this if there is demand later)
  2. Only submit businesses (not schools or parks)
  3. Submit only places that both ARE posted or posted improperly.
  4. Click on "Add a business" to add a business.(first cell in spreadsheet)
  5. Your submission will instantly be placed on the "Unreviewed Locations" list. I will place it on the "Reviewed Locations" list after I review it.

If you have any comments or suggestions, let me know.

Edited by GradStudent
  • Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest GradStudent

100% accuracy won't be possible with anything user submitted. I was just starting a spreadsheet for my own use for the reasons listed above, worst case scenario, I found a way to waste an hour today making it to where other people can post to it.

Wal-Mart's Policy About Concealed Weapons on Their Premises

For those of you who have encountered "NO CONCEAL CARRY" signs on your local Wal-Mart front doors. The reason why the signs are up is because they are in the computer. When a store manager orders new signs, if that manager is anti-gun, he can order those signs and put them up. The Wal-Mart corporate policy goes against these managers. You can call up Wal-Mart and tell them that said manager is going against the corporate policy and the signs will be taken down. I know because this has happened a couple of times here in South Carolina and it has been pursued and the signs have been removed.

wal mart corp hq 800-925-6278 - legal dept 479-273-4505 legal department

Walmart stores

702 south wewt 8th St

Bentonville Arkansas

72716-0215

Dolomite

100% accuracy won't be possible with anything user submitted. I was just starting a spreadsheet for my own use for the reasons listed above, worst case scenario, I found a way to waste an hour today making it to where other people can post to it.

True enough...I guess I more meant though not getting all (or even most) of non-posted places.

I guess one reasons most list only include posted places it is is assumed the majority of places are not posted and only those that are need to be brought to the attention of those that carry. Sort of like a new webpage/iPhone app allows you to report roads with potholes/damage/etc... no reason to make a list of every street that doesn't have a problem.

...and I didn't mean to sound like it's something you shouldn't do or allow others to help...just figure it is a bit ambitious...but I'm an old man and not a Grad Student. :D

Guest GradStudent
I guess one reasons most list only include posted places it is is assumed the majority of places are not posted and only those that are need to be brought to the attention of those that carry. Sort of like a new webpage/iPhone app allows you to report roads with potholes/damage/etc... no reason to make a list of every street that doesn't have a problem.

Between this, and there already being confusion about a listing that was a non-posting, you've convinced me.

Revised guidelines:

1. Only submit Knoxville locations (I may work on expanding this if there is demand later)
  2. Only submit businesses (not schools or parks)
  3. Submit only places that both ARE posted or posted improperly.
  4. Click on "Add a business" to add a business.(first cell in spreadsheet)
  5. Your submission will instantly be placed on the "Unreviewed Locations" list. I will place it on the "Reviewed Locations" list after I review it.

Knoxville No Carry List

Edited by GradStudent

Soon I hope to update our Carry Prohibited sub-forum to make the post more uniform and with more information. I will check your list and try to add those as well. Also taking a page from your book, once I get things up to date future post will have to be reviewed before being added.

It says as of yesterday the Walmart on Walbrook is posted. I suspect that is not a Walmart policy and just a store manager's policy. No other Walmart I have ever walked into was posted.

Dolomite

Which entrance is posted? I went in there (grocery side) on Sunday after reading this thread and did not see any firearm postings, legal or otherwise.

Guest GradStudent
Which entrance is posted? I went in there (grocery side) on Sunday after reading this thread and did not see any firearm postings, legal or otherwise.

Walmart was listed as a location that was NOT posted. I originally intended for the list to consist of both places the were and were not posted. This confusion led me to change it to just locations that ARE posted. Sorry for any confusion.