The Gun Room

Guest Jvanhoosen

Guest Jvanhoosen

I just got back from The Gun Room in Lebanon TN, and am happy to say that it was one of the best experiences in my firearm purchase experiences I have ever had. Let me give you the low down on why. I went out today looking to purchase a new firearm. I went to The Reloader's Bench in Mt. Juliet and they had a great selection but not what I was looking for. Then went to the Armory here in Lebanon, they had a good selection but out of my price range. I then proceeded to go to The Gun Room looking to see if they had something in my price range. I walked in looking to see if they had a Springfield XD or XDm for sale and what kind of price was on it. I was then informed that they had just taken one in on trade not five min prior to my walking in. I then proceeded to ask if it would be possible to give it a run on the range. I was told that I had to purchase the store ammo and target no big deal for me. After firing 50 rounds down range I proceeded to the check out and return the Springfield XD in 9mm. I then proceeded to put a down payment on it and will pick it up in 2 weeks and add it to my collection of fine firearms.

I just wanted to share what an excellent experience from an excellent gun dealer. Thanks guys.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a hard time spending money at a gun store that doesn't allow carry. I'm glad it worked out for you.

I was there right after Christmas and they do allow carry. The way its worded on the range release form leads you to believe they don't, but I asked about it and he said carry was fine. Seemed to be a good group of folks.

Nice store and folks, their mother greeted me at the door.

I read somewhere about complaints that they require you to buy their ammo to use in their range, this is not completely true. If you use one of their rental guns you must use their ammo.

They also offer specials on gun range usage, 1hr use and Tuesdays half-off in January.

If you use one of their rental guns you must use their ammo.

That's the rule at many gun ranges. Can't say I blame them either. Who wants bubba coming in there with his homemade "special ninja killin" ammo and running it thru their $500+ handgun? It'd be nice if they allowed factory ammo in their guns, but having people purchase at their shop removes any doubt.

Guest The Highlander

I'd much prefer to be able to shoot a used gun before buying. Don't know why you wouldn't want to? A new gun, sure, don't want it shot before me, although they are test-fired at the factory anyway. I'm going to keep shooting it, so really, why would it matter?

Can't say I blame them for requiring their ammo to go in their rentals. Less chance of a kaboom.

Guest Jvanhoosen

I was just glad that I had the chance to fire one prior to purchase. I had watched several reviews online and read many articles, as well as spoke to several owners. All that information was good but until I was able to fire one personally. Needless to say I fired it and was greatly impressed. I have heard that the gun chooses the shooter. I feel that way about all of my firearms.

Address is on Briskett Lane. Easiest way is:

I40 E to Watertown "B" Exit Towards Fairgrounds.

Swing back under the overpass.

Take first Left onto Briskett Lane.

You'll see the flag pole just after you cross the RR track on the right.

HCP classes

3 Advanced firearms classes

Long guns / short guns

Gun rental gets any/ all guns in the case

First class Firing facility

I went in there this morning, and had a good, long chat with the owner. He was a very nice, professional guy. It appears that he runs a good business, has fair prices, and a first rate firing range.

I asked about the carry policy inside his store. His response made sense to me. He said that he didn't care if you concealed carry, but frowned on open carry, and all guns taken in to shoot at the firing range should be in a case. His reason for this was that if you and your children were in the store, and there was a negligant discharge injuring one of them, he'd be held responsible. I can appreciate that. If it gets your drawers in a wad, I guess I'd just stay away.

I went in there this morning, and had a good, long chat with the owner. He was a very nice, professional guy. It appears that he runs a good business, has fair prices, and a first rate firing range.

I asked about the carry policy inside his store. His response made sense to me. He said that he didn't care if you concealed carry, but frowned on open carry, and all guns taken in to shoot at the firing range should be in a case. His reason for this was that if you and your children were in the store, and there was a negligant discharge injuring one of them, he'd be held responsible. I can appreciate that. If it gets your drawers in a wad, I guess I'd just stay away.

Just got home from the Gun Room, my first trip there. He told me basically the exact same thing and to be honest, I agree with him. Great bunch of people running the store and I just felt right at home. Nice range and I like targets on a hanger as opposed to losing my paid time stopping every 15 minutes for cold range to retrieve targets. I had a blast and very thankful it exists here where i live. I'll probably do their membership.

It's a business and he has liability to think about. Just because someone is legal to carry doesn't necessarily mean they're fit. He has no way of knowing someone's level of safety when they walk in the door. I've only been to about 3 or 4 different ranges, but I don't think any have allowed loaded weapons to enter the range that I've been to.

Bottom line, I was treated like I was wanted there and was wanted to come back. I will go back again and again, they won my business.

David and all his staff treat me like a king at Lebanon Gun Shop and I trust whatever David tells or sells me. The more i get to know the people at the Gun Room, Ill probably say the same for them. I'm tickled I have good choices here in Lebanon for all my gun needs.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Jvanhoosen

Went back to the Gun Room today to pick up my XD and after firing a box of shells I went out to talk to the owner. We talked about guns and gear for the better part of 45 min. I really enjoy the people that own The Gun Room. It is a clean range and the selection is growing by leaps and bounds. I will go back there again and purchase my next gun from them. Thanks again guys.

• 2 weeks later...

I went back yesterday looking for an S&W 39-2. Lo and behold he had one, and absolutely tried to rape me on price. He was still very friendly and professional, but wanted a mint price for a rough gun. I bought a mint one, in the box with papers, cleaning kit, and 3 extra magazines for less than his price for the rough one with no extras. They do, however, have some good prices on range ammo, and it looks like they have a nice range.