DB 380?

Guest hickok45

Guest hickok45

Wondered what you all who have this little Glock "Look-alike" think of it. Is it reliable? How does it function for you? Does it seem that it will hold together in one piece for more than a few months?

I've read both positive and negative reports, but it certainly does feel good in the hand for a gun this small. It actually feels more appealing that the Kahr P380, which I have and is probably twice the quality; however, if this little gun is reliable and is holding up, that's all that matters. I really like the way it feels in the hand.

Thanks for any input.

Hickok45

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you search the threads, I think "Lowbud" had one that he sent back to the factory at least twice. You may PM him if you don't find it. I was tempted to try one but spotty reliability scared me off. I've also heard that a poor grip can cause the magazine to fall out when firing.

Guest AlzRuger

I have one, and have personal experience with

3 others. If you can shoot a small gun without

Limp wristing, they are fine. If you can't hold on

It, pass it up for a larger one. Another one may

be in my future.

Dude, That's the OP.

"That's a joke, son. A flag waver. You're built too low. The fast ones go over your head. Ya got a hole in your glove. I keep pitchin' 'em and you keep missin' 'em. Ya gotta keep your eye on the ball. Eye. Ball. I almost had a gag, son. Joke, that is."

- Foghorn Leghorn

• Administrator
"That's a joke, son. A flag waver. You're built too low. The fast ones go over your head. Ya got a hole in your glove. I keep pitchin' 'em and you keep missin' 'em. Ya gotta keep your eye on the ball. Eye. Ball. I almost had a gag, son. Joke, that is."

- Foghorn Leghorn

Massive bonus points. :D

dr... notice mosinon's smiley? It's called "humor." :rofl:

- Foghorn Leghorn

Massive bonus points. :rofl:

Yea I know it was a joke. i just forgot my smiley.

Dang talk about dog pileing.:biglol:

• Moderators

- Foghorn Leghorn

This just might be the post of the year, and it's only January.

Had one and it was total piece of crap....had multiple FTFs, FTEs, and the trigger would not reset several times as well. Sent it to the factory and was promised a spare magazine since I had to pay shipping. Got it back form the factory with the "nothing's wrong with the gun, but we buffed the feed ramp for you" response. My spare magazine was never sent because "the gun worked fine"....I was pissed...

Shot the gun again...same problems. Had two other shooters fire the gun.....same story....called the factory and they said sent it back again on my dime. I basically told them to pound sand. As an NRA instructor, I would never recommend this particular firearm to my students....save yourself the pain and buy a Kel-Tec P3AT or Ruger LCP...

Add: I purchased mine approximately 6 months or so ago.

Edited by finz50
Guest Carryin Counselor

I bought one a few months ago and so far I am pleased. I have shot about 150 rounds thru it (both FMJ and JHP) with no problems. I read of alot of negative reviews on the db but guns and ammo did a very positive review on it just before I bought mine. I actually think diamondback made some improvements to their later models.

I will say that when my wife shot it for the first time it did stovepipe because she limp wristed it, but after she figured it out there were no more problems.

Guest rebeldrummer

havent heard much on these?? one of my buddies bought 3 for his bosses?? he said they loved them?? They guys at Bills here in town say they havent got any feedback yet? Made by some Kel-Tec outlaws, thats not a bad thing? Would like to try one out. Really really small in my hands though...

If they worked the bugs out I may consider one in the future I loved how it felt when I held one . The trigger felt good too. I'd like to know what serial #'s are on the new and improved versions. Since I brought home my TCP the wife put claim on it . I haven't even got to shoot it yet.

Guest powellwl

I got one a month ago and after learning what limp wristing is i have had no problem i really like it. My wife, on the other hand, who is new to shooting has frequent FTF with the same gun due to not holding it stiff enough. Mine is sn#ZD38XX i read alot online that earlier sn# had problems and that almost scared me away but i am glad i got mine.

Apparently they've gotten their quality control under,well, control, in the last year...long thread on WarriorTalk about them, almost all positive for the recent ones.

- OS

I just within the hour had one in my hand, my doctor pulled one out when we started talking handguns and it seems to be a solid pistol, never seen or heard of DB .380's.

zb1760R.png

I bought one a few months ago. I had some problems at first. FTEs and double feeds. I contacted Diamondback and they said I was limp wristing or using cheap ammo. All of a sudden (after 150-200 rounds) it stopped jamming! After ten trips to the range it hasn't jammed once. Limp wristing, no problems. WWB, Remington and Federal Target loads shoot just fine. That's somewhere around 200 rounds without a failure. I have shot Kel-tecs, LCPs and Sig 380s and this little Diamondback shoots better than any of them (Though I really like the Sigs!). It's seems like every manufacturer of these little pocket rockets have had problems when they first came out. KelTec, LCP and even the new Smith and Wesson Bodyguard have had teething problems. Diamondback's reputation was very bad at one time but I think they are slowly gaining some respect. They are working on a pocket 9mm.

I carry my DB380 with CorBon Powerball ammo. It's a summer carry gun of a BUG in cooler weather.

Guest powellwl

If anyone with an LCP would like to meet near nashville I would like to see how it feels vs. my DB. My wife thinks she wants to get the LCP but I've heard the recoil is more than the DB.

- Foghorn Leghorn

Someone tell me I'm not the only one who read that... in character... with the voice :D

Guest TheMikeLurie

I purchased a Db .380 about 9 months ago. Loved it because it looked like a mini glock and also really liked the look of the scalloped grooves on the slide that reminded me of the M&P. Picked it up for about $325.00 at Academy Sports and Outdoors in Franklin, which was the best price around at the time.

First time at the range, I put about 100 rounds through it (Federal) experienced failure to feed, failure to eject and stovepipe about 3 times per mag, which for a 6 round mag is pretty pathetic... but I stuck with it. Stripped it, cleaned it and lubed it and went back. Next 100 rounds were pretty much the same deal.

I was hell bent on giving the gun every opportunity in the world to work out its own bugs before contacting the manufacturer, so I got some personal defense (Hornady and some other "hot" stuff) and put about 100 rounds of personal defense through it on my third trip to the range. I did not experience a single malfunction with the pistol in those 100 rounds.

After putting the hot stuff through it and experiencing no problems, I went back to 115 gr. But instead of Federal went with some Sellier & Bellot, and again, not a single problem. I put about 300 rounds of S&B through the pistol after that and never had a problem again.

After putting those 300 rounds of S&B through the gun, I decided for gits and shiggles to go back to Federal just to see what would happen, and sure enough, it experienced a few FTF and FTE on that ammo. So I guess it just hates Federal...? Is that possible?

Anyhow, I went back to S&B and have put another 500+ rounds through it and it continues to eat up the S&B and the personal defense... so I just stick with that.

Ultimately, this is my ankle carry and it's a "last resort" pistol, so i don't need to have as much confidence in it as my hip carry or EDC for personal defense. But I suppose if this is going to be your primary carry, I would just recommend putting 500 rounds through it without issue before relying on it for primary carry.

I love the pistol as far as the way it looks and the way it feels. In my opinion, you'll be hard pressed to find a mouse gun that will fit in your hand and be as comfortable to shoot as the diamondback. I really don't like the way the Kel-Tec and Ruger LCP's feel. Mouse guns are not typically "comfortable" pistols to shoot anyway, especially if you have big mitts, but this actually is a very comfortable pistol.

But as with any pistol, you have to expect there to be some problems with the early editions. You can tell the early edition of the DB .380 by the sights. Apparently they upgraded what was non-existant sights on the later models. The earlier model of this pistol has virtually no sights... which is fine since you aren't going to be using it beyond 10 yards, it's a point and shoot pistol anyway... but the later models have much better sights and apparently those are the ones you want to look for because the manufacturer also fixed some of the early bugs.

Hope this helps.

I've read mixed reviews on the DB's, here and elsewhere. Seems there's always a used one at the shops too.

I would over lube it and get it hot a few times with what feeds well then go back to the Federals and see how it acts. Might try a different lot of Federals next time too...?