Changing History

Guest DavyCrockett

Guest DavyCrockett

Lets say you could go back into time, at any point, at any location. You had the option of bringing back (1) firearm from any gun today. The question is, what gun would it be and what would you change? (Keep it somewhat safe for work please ^^) It's just an odd question but im curious to see what people say. Keep in mind what guns would be around during the time period you would visit, because you have to think of the best counter.

Let me start. Weapon: Grizzly Big Boar .50 cal

Time Period: 1942

your imagination can do the rest >.>

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest BEARMAN

Maybe the 1860's, with an original Gatling gun.....Awesome weapon, indeed.

Wouldn't mind having one of those original FA Thompson SMG's too, Graufa....sweeeeet!

I think he is saying what modern gun would you take back in time and how you would use it to change history.

With that being said. A very, very quiet silenced pistol or long range rifle. Bring it back to just prior to 570 AD in Mecca and remove the thought of Muhammad ever being born.

I believe his writings are responsible for more deaths than any other single person in history. Not saying all Muslims or that Islam is bad but it is the extremists, or fringe groups, that are using Muhammad's writings from later on in life as justification for the actions they take today against all non believers.

Dolomite

I know every one will choose the big stuff so I'll say a 1911 in December,1993 New York on a train.Would have shot Ferguson so a ton of people would have lived and we wouldn't have one of the most insane anti-gun people in politics.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRyGZjXADcXzmO44L78zpWZGi7X3onjl64DJRnnjRM0IKj_ve4PUw

Granted there are others, but I think she is arguably the worst.

Can't help after those statements, but wonder where we'd be if Herod had been successful, when he sent his men to Bethlehem to kill all the boys two years old or younger. I'm not sure Mohamed is the problem. I'd rather go after the people that started Wahhabism and the House of Saud back in the 1800's. They are the ones that really started all this crap. For that I want a Abrams M1A1.

There is verry little that I would change. We all know where "change" got us.

Anyway, I would like to have been sitting in a few of the many classrooms where shots were fired in a highschool or college. The only differance is that I would like to be there with a dozen or so other students who were legally armed. And I would take a Glock 22 with 15 rounds of .40 and a couple spare mags.

Guest greybeard60

There is an alternitave history book by Harry Turtledove"Guns of the South" about South Africans transporting AK47's through a time machine and giving them to General Lee. Good read. If only.....

There is an alternitave history book by Harry Turtledove"Guns of the South" about South Africans transporting AK47's through a time machine and giving them to General Lee. Good read. If only.....

That is an excellent book. Those repeaters really changed the course of history.

If its bring back a gun itd be a colt m16 from when they cost the same as a ar15.

If its take one to history, probably be a suppressed barrett .50 and you could change almost any important time in history

Or maybe take a m14 back to about 1890 and have someone mass produce them, talk about changing the old west

Mine would be a little more 'personal'. I'd take my dad's .357 revolver and go back to the 1980s. I wouldn't even need ammo for the .357 - it would just be to show him as proof that I really was from the future (as the revolver would also be residing in his sock drawer at the same time.) Then I would warn him of the cancer that he would not otherwise know about until the early '90s and tell him that he should get checked regularly for stomach cancer - specifically a type that tends to 'hide' among the folds of the stomach until it has reached a more advanced stage - and begin treatment as soon as the cancer was discovered. Then I'd return to the present and get him to go shooting with me rather than wishing he were still alive to do so.

Edited by JAB