Gun Snobs don't look - Zamak collection grows

graycrait

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I've got a little Lorcin... that thing is hilarious. The spring (in all honesty), like - flew out of the slide, and the slide fell off. :) It was my grandfather's, so I just clean it and never shoot it, though.

Ahhh...the old Jennings .22. Used to have one and loved it. Never had any issues with it till an ex-girlfriend stole it from me. The chick gave it to her new boyfriend as a gift. When the cops returned it to me, it looked like it had been smashed with a sledge hammer. Been wanting to replace it for years...might have to give the Phenix a try.....

Guest Scramasax

Neat collection. You don't have to spend a lot of money and get into the "blued and engraved" set to have a valid enjoyable hobby. My dad has a few turn of the century pocket pistols in his collection. They are in many ways more interesting than the big boys.

Cheers,

ts

A couple of things I have learned about these Zamak or pot metal guns.

1. Do not use Gun Scrubber on a black painted one.

2. Do not put them in an ultrasound cleaner.

3. Do make sure the extractor is moving easily and that the breech face where the rim "nests" is free of burrs.

4. Go to youtube to see how to do a trigger job, it is easy and makes these things much more fun.

5. Keep them clean and probably don't use a steady diet of high or hyper velocity ammo.

One of my buddies who was going to shoot one asked me if I wanted him to sign a liability waiver;)

5. Keep them clean and probably don't use a steady diet of high or hyper velocity ammo.

One of my buddies who was going to shoot one asked me if I wanted him to sign a liability waiver;)

LOL, thats funny right there. :D And that's a nice little collection of little bitties.

Those must be "before" pictures and you're typing with your nose.

Everyone knows that zamak / pot metal handguns explode and kill or horribly maim their owners when more than 1 round is fired!

Since I live for danger, I may check out the HP22. I really like the look, pretty cool pistol

What kind of price point on a HP22? Would you buy one used and if so, what should you look for in terms of wear and tear?

I think NIB HP22 is about 120.00 so I guess anything below that. If you get one you have to do this: YouTube - Phoenix Arms HP22A Disasembly and Modification Othewise the safeties are so complicated that you, the owner, can't fire it! However, if you do what this guy shows you - it is simple to do - you can drop the mag and use the slide mounted hammer blocking safety just about like a Beretta 92 slide mounted safety.

I really don't think you can hurt this 20 oz little gun unless you shoot it apart with Hyper Velocity rounds. I was shooting one of mine for the first time week before last up at Guns n Leather. It worked so good and was so surprisingly accurate I was giggling like a school girl in my "booth." Good thing the security cameras down there don't have audio. After firing my 5th MALF free mag I was looking at the HP22 like Dr Frankenstein must have looked at his monster the first time it took a breath - "It's Alive!"

Lol....everyone has to collect something...appears you collect orphans, course if you lived in "DA hood" you could probably double your money ;-D You shoot those too many times your gonna be collecting fingers....your own. (i kid i kid) but seriously you might wanna sell them...with that many collected you could get a pretty nice gun.