I took a big step for the undead two months ago

jgm219

Thank you, Lager. A few people that read the manuscript laughed while asking me why I haven't sought professional help yet. The main remark made is: There's something very wrong with you. I don't know how to take that.:)

Well, it sounds like you have all the prerequisites to be a good writer then, as all the greats have been nuts...just try to avoid the Dumas / Poe path of financial ruin or the Hemingway path of sudden and acute onset of severe lead poisoning. If it were me, and I had to pick an eventual tragic end, I'd suggest alcohol. At least there will be good stories to tell afterwards, and you can die debauched, rich, and interesting. For irony's sake, and in order to facilitate multiple biographies, you should attempt to become one of the undead once your success has plateaued.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest mosinon

I write non fiction books, cause fiction is hard, and one of the best days of my life was when my first book showed up at my house. Congrats on the book! Pitch it to publishers hard now. Your initial run sold out and so forth.

If you want a little help send me a PM and I'll ask my publisher friends what you need to do to get a nice work of fiction published and promoted. And yes, I am a rich and famous book guy. I once had the second most popular book in Amazon under Computers>Operating Systems>Hacks>Books that are very heavy>Plastic covered softback>Weird crap no one wants to buy

So I've got that going for me.

Well, it sounds like you have all the prerequisites to be a good writer then, as all the greats have been nuts...just try to avoid the Dumas / Poe path of financial ruin or the Hemingway path of sudden and acute onset of severe lead poisoning. If it were me, and I had to pick an eventual tragic end, I'd suggest alcohol. At least there will be good stories to tell afterwards, and you can die debauched, rich, and interesting. For irony's sake, and in order to facilitate multiple biographies, you should attempt to become one of the undead once your success has plateaued.

Dying debauched rich and interesting sounds like the perfect way to go. Even though Elvis wasn't a writer it didn't hurt his image it seems. Poe's an icon to me but I'd rather have my fame alive or maybe undead. My bio wil probably say something like "he was boorish, irritating and loved his guns and barbeque too much." Never could get into Hemingway though. Wasn't it subsonic lead posioning that did him in? As far as Mr. Dumas goes, I had a neighbor three years ago that thought The Three Musketeers was a great candy bar. Blew his mind that it was a book before it was a movie. That exchange left me feeling over-educated. It was a feeling I'd never had before. I need better neighbors.

Me and tequila (not that reality show hag or whatever she is) had a love affair once but I broke it off. Between writing and my kids I'm well on my way to killing what brain cells I have left. :D

You know, writing fiction makes you crazy...er.

I write non fiction books, cause fiction is hard, and one of the best days of my life was when my first book showed up at my house. Congrats on the book! Pitch it to publishers hard now. Your initial run sold out and so forth.

If you want a little help send me a PM and I'll ask my publisher friends what you need to do to get a nice work of fiction published and promoted. And yes, I am a rich and famous book guy. I once had the second most popular book in Amazon under Computers>Operating Systems>Hacks>Books that are very heavy>Plastic covered softback>Weird crap no one wants to buy

So I've got that going for me.

Thanks for the advice and my hats off to you. Seriously I always thought non-fiction was harder especially in biographies and tech. All that fact checking and knowing what your talking about is too much for me. I can't wow anyone with facts so I've settled for dazzling everyone with BS. Hopefully I can be top selling in the <He Paid to Have This S%&T Published?> section. :D

That and I think we want to get you to sign our Copies. You need to come up with something special to sign just for TGO members :D

I am 100 percent serious if you get a movie (here's hoping) you need to try to get some of us in first. :D

I'd be so lucky! As far as something special for TGO members autographed. How's "Let's go shoot something undead" sound? :lol:

Is this for sale yet?????? Planning on ordering it at the first chance.

The Amazon service I'm using said it'll be ready first week of February. It seemed like a good idea to put the word out in advance of the sale date. Funny thing is I've have to wait in line to buy copies of my own book too!

For any TGO members that may be interested in the book, I've got a discount set up. Enter EGY8E3CP at Amazon and it takes 25% off the $13.95 price. Thank you all for taking the time to read all of this and for the well wishes!

I couldn't get the discount to work, maybe it was just me, but got mine ordered anyway. Congrats and I can't wait to read it!!

I couldn't get the discount to work, maybe it was just me, but got mine ordered anyway. Congrats and I can't wait to read it!!

That concerns me quite a bit. I'm going to look into that brooks. Thank you for ordering and I do hope you enjoy it!

Got my copy today but unfortunately the dog got to it before I did.......maybe with a little time and a lot of tape I can make it readable again.

Hey brooksjr. I'm sending you a PM. I've got twenty-one copies sitting around needing a home so I'll send you a copy on the house as a thank you for being my first reader. You must've gotten a new dog, too. We adopted one and she chews the life out of everything.

Hey brooksjr. I'm sending you a PM. I've got twenty-one copies sitting around needing a home so I'll send you a copy on the house as a thank you for being my first reader. You must've gotten a new dog, too. We adopted one and she chews the life out of everything.

That's mighty nice of you!! My dogs aren't new just very mischievous

I know Brooksjr has received his copy and was nice enough to do it even though the code wouldn't work but for those that are wanting one, I have fixed it. For those who would like a copy use EGY8E3CP for the discount code to get 20% off at my Amazon eStore. It links up to Amazon but the code can't be used at the Amazon website. I know, it's weird.

My eStore is https://www.createspace.com/3505285 for those that are interested.

If the discount fails again and you are wanting a copy, PM me and I will send you a copy for the $13.95 cover price and I'll eat the Priority Mail shipping. Thanks to everyone for their well wishes and support.

Edited by jgm219
Is this Kindle exclusively, or in ebook format so I can use my Sony reader as well?

I'm hoping it isn't Kindle exclusive. I'm waiting for a clarification on what the format is from the publishing team. When they asked how I wanted it formated I told them I wanted it for all eBook readers. I thought I was being clear enough. Shows how much I know. I didn't know that the two platforms weren't interchangable as far as eBooks went.

• 4 weeks later...
My Kindle showed up today and this is the first book I downloaded. Woo Hoo!!!!!!

Hope sales are going good for you.

Thank you, Verne. I appreciate it and hope you enjoy it. Sales aren't as brisk as I'd like but I am a new author so patience is key. That and marketing. This facebook and twitter thing is new to me.

Speaking of which. Here's my website:

Wix.com Zombieswerewolvesandjasonohmy created by jasonmckinney based on Nu Model

My wife did it up and she's proud of it. So am I, actually. It's got a nice Join Us button for those who do the Twitter and Facebook thing. Thanks again to everyone for their support in my endeavor!:)

Edited by jgm219