Worried about my Sadie

laktrash

My sadie has been in ICU at the UT vet since sunday. She woke up sunday yelped a couple of times and and shaking along with other issues as right now we know she has a mass against here heart but not sure if thats the whole problem or not. There are several other issues so they are not sure which way to go. Suppose to find out more tomorrow. At this point they don't seem to think cancer but not sure alot of other issues but I won't go into them I'm trying to keep a positive attitude but not handling this very well. Sure miss having her at home as do the others she has been the sweetest dane that I've owned. sorry to post this but kinda lost right now.

sadiefb.jpg

001grfq.jpg

Edited by laktrash
  • Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry, L.T.... Wish there was more that I could say than just that I hope Sadie's alright. But I know nothing anybody can say really helps.

I am going to quote Jamie, as he and others have already said it. I can't say it any better. Here's hoping she gets better.

Guest tnxdshooter

Your a better owner than me. If I found out it was going to be an expensive vet bill say over ever how much I would have her put down. I know we do that with cattle to. If it cost more to treat em than what the animal is worth it is lead innoculation time. Some of my cows I consider pets and I am attached to them but still look at it from a business perspective. I am sorry she is having problems. It is never easy for me to put an animal down but I still do it as it is part of life and there is no point in losing any more money on an animal than what has already been put into it.

Edited by tnxdshooter
Guest Lester Weevils
Some people place too high a value on money.... And there's a big difference between a family pet and cattle.

Agreed. In cases where there simply isn't the money available, there is no shame in pulling the plug on an old friend.

But one owes it to the pet to pull the plug when it turns out that the treatment is too painful, regardless if one can afford it or not. I learned that the hard way too. It isn't always the correct answer to explore every possible low-probability option.

It is a quality of life thing.

Sadie is scheduled for a CT scan and then surgery this morning. She has not eaten suince sunday. The vets aren't createing any sense of false hope . The mass is leaking but there is a chance she can be saved and she isn't in any pain. We have been thru the cancer with one and not sure I would do again. Right now as long as there is chance and she 's in no pain I want to go on regardless of $$. I have less valuable things I can get rid of. She can't be replaced at any cost.

Some people place too high a value on money.... And there's a big difference between a family pet and cattle.

I'm one of those people that feels pets are priceless, but I have no kids....I am praying for Sadie, really hope she pulls through.

Edited by Krull

Best wishes for Sadie, I hope she pulls through. I had a similar situation with my Brittany Spaniel and it was one of the toughest times of my life. I had had her since she was 6 weeks old and she was like a child to me. Good luck to you.

Sadie is out of surgery The mass was lymphoma and was removed she is clean as of now but will return and recommending chemo. She is only 4 and they seem to think she a good candidate. She still has alot fluid on her lungs and will have to stay ICU for few more days. I went thru chemo with another dane and it was rough. The vets seem to think Sadie will respond well. I hope We are making the right decision. So far everything has been with her Quality of life in mind and I don't want deprive her out of any good remaining life but don't want her to suffer. I've never been a chemo fan for humans or pets. Thanks everybody for thoughts, prayers and support it has meant alot. I'm thankful for a strong wife because I'm willing to admit I'm all to pieces.

Your a better owner than me. If I found out it was going to be an expensive vet bill say over ever how much I would have her put down. I know we do that with cattle to. If it cost more to treat em than what the animal is worth it is lead innoculation time. Some of my cows I consider pets and I am attached to them but still look at it from a business perspective. I am sorry she is having problems. It is never easy for me to put an animal down but I still do it as it is part of life and there is no point in losing any more money on an animal than what has already been put into it.

I've had dogs that I thought more of still think more of than most of the people I know. I know where you are coming from but it's a decision that the individual has to make at that specific point in time kinda like shoot or don't shoot.

Guest Atchley
I wish your Sadie the best of luck - I know I've cried harder for some dogs that passed than people I've known.

Me too. I wish your pup good luck. I lost my boxer last year to a heart attack and there's not a day goes by that I don't think about her.