Savage Model 10 HS 5R field report

Guest Traumaslave

Guest Traumaslave

For Christmas/B-day, the wife told me I could work some overtime and buy myself something nice. :) So,,,,, Model 10 HS 5R with a Ken Farrell base and Millett LRS 6-25X56 with 35mm. The stock Millett rings were way too high so I pick up some VTAC lows. Karsten model C on the way to take up the last little bit. Over all fit and finish is fantastic!! The stock is great. Just wish HS Prec would make their adjustable for Savage. I could use a little more length and about 1/4" height. The finish of metal seems durable and looks flawless. 24" fluted barrel with threads. Flutes aren't so deep but, look really cool and surly help to cool. Haven't taken the thread protector off, on there really tight. Put 60 150gr reloads thru for break in with every 5th cleaning. Then moved on to 168gr Sierra match hpbt with 45gr Varget. The 11.25 twist really likes the 168s. Will try some 178s when I can get better than 100yrds. Conditions sucked for shooting. 41' and raining. The fog was so thick we were punching holes thru it. I pulled shot or 2 on each of these 5 shots but, am very happy over all.

IMG_20110117_154307.jpg

IMG_20110117_154135.jpg

IMG_20110118_131206.jpg

IMG_20110118_122334.jpg

IMG_20110118_123410.jpg

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

TRADING POST NOTICE

Before engaging in any transaction of goods or services on TGO, all parties involved must know and follow the local, state and Federal laws regarding those transactions.

TGO makes no claims, guarantees or assurances regarding any such transactions.

THE FINE PRINT

Tennessee Gun Owners (TNGunOwners.com) is the premier Community and Discussion Forum for gun owners, firearm enthusiasts, sportsmen and Second Amendment proponents in the state of Tennessee and surrounding region.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is a presentation of Enthusiast Productions. The TGO state flag logo and the TGO tri-hole "icon" logo are trademarks of Tennessee Gun Owners. The TGO logos and all content presented on this site may not be reproduced in any form without express written permission. The opinions expressed on TGO are those of their authors and do not necessarily reflect those of the site's owners or staff.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is not a lobbying organization and has no affiliation with any lobbying organizations.  Beware of scammers using the Tennessee Gun Owners name, purporting to be Pro-2A lobbying organizations!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to the following.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.