Hi point pistols ultimate testing...yes Hi point

Guest Spurhunter

Did you watch the videos? Was that gun "unreliable"?

I have heard a LOT of complaints about Hi Points... but reliability has never been one of those complaints.

There was a FTE and a double feed in the first 15 rounds or so fired from the 9mm. Those are reliability issues.

Granted the gun was tough as can be. Reliability went down as they tortured the poor pistol - you can see in the later videos where they have misfires, etc. I sure wouldn't blame those issues on the gun after all it had been through by then.

I would prefer other manufacturers for a EDC but if I had to, I'd carry a Hi Point.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a 9mm carbine model 995. It is a hoot to shoot. From the first round it has never failed to fire. I would have to say that a Hi-Point is an affordable handgun for those that need one but don't have a lot of money. Poor people need protection too.

...I would have to say that a Hi-Point is an affordable handgun for those that need one but don't have a lot of money. Poor people need protection too.

+1

That basically sums up their mission statement, which is why I bought one to start with. Being at least as dependable and more durable than many guns I've had that cost hundreds more is the reason I kept it.

I must say, I'm impressed. I'm not going to rush out and buy a Hi Point, but I'm impressed. I honestly don't believe very many guns would have survived as long as that Hi Point did. And there has never been a gun made that could have survived that last test.