How many guns have you bought this year?

shaftbass

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Archimedes

One.

G36

Woulda been two, but I was DEEEEEEE-NIED!!!!

Still waiting for the appeal to go through.

My girl seems to like the Wathers. Anyone know what ranges rent those?

~Archi

Not enough...

4 in the last 12 months, plus I won one at an NRA dinner (sold it)

Anticipated in the next 12 months:

1. Kimber Ultra CDP II in .45ACP

2. AR-15 (leaning towards a Bushmaster or Rock River Arms, still researching)

3. New bedside gun, releasing my Glock 19 to daily carry duty. The new one will be another Glock, of course. Probably will go with a 17 w/LaserMax.

-Len

The LORD has blessed me the beginning of the year I have bought 4.

My wife wanted a new washer & dryer so I made a deal with her, I buy her a new W&D and I get a couple of new guns:D

Marlin 60SS-Love the looks of the gun.

Ruger 22/45 MKIII 5.5 Target barrel

S&W 442, I bought this to replace my 85UL my wife is taking from me

when she gets her HCP ( She wants to put pink grips on it )

870 Express w/18" 6 shot mag tube for the IDPA side matches at Gun Club

Springfield XD-45, I traded a Sig P239 .40 for the XD, so technically I did not buy it.

Now, what about firearms training?

So true. I have also taken 3 courses, become a RSO, and am signed up for more training in upcoming months, including the TGO-only course at Tactical Response in May.

Its fun to have more toys, but without proper training, they are just shiny metal paperweights.

Zero

I like the ones I've got... and I haven't found a new one which meets my wants/needs yet in 2007.

If we're talking about the previous 12 months... umm, 2... an XD-357 Service and a 16" CAR-15 'M4-gery' (which I am tempted to get rid of in favor of a Robinson Arms XCR or a Sig 556)

Guest db99wj

Stopped by Guns and Ammo today, looked at some AR's and some Kimbers and some Springfields and....made me cry a little. If I had about 2 grand to spend, I would have picked me up a couple.

• Administrator
Now, what about firearms training?

I'm not picking on you but I am using this to illustrate a point. This line is getting old and several members have complained about being chided with similar remarks from various parties.

It needs to cease from all parties involved as it is dampening the spirit of what this forum is about.

Thanks.

Guest Shane
I'm not picking on you but I am using this to illustrate a point. This line is getting old and several members have complained about being chided with similar remarks from various parties.

It needs to cease from all parties involved as it is dampening the spirit of what this forum is about.

Thanks.

Are these members going to continue to run to “Big Brother†every time they are not happy about something on the forum? This makes twice this week.

I had several guns before I decided to take any type of training class. Actually, it wasn’t even my idea to take a class, it was a friend of mine that wanted me to go and if it wasn’t for him, I would not have had a class to this day. When we went to the class, I realized how naive I really was about the whole thing and started telling my family, friends, co-workers, acquaintances and everyone in between how it changed my life. Since then I have gotten four friends to go to my hand-to-hand class with me, two friends to go to at least one firearms training class with me and now my Mother and brother want to take a firearms training class.

I am now a firm believer in training yourself for the unexpected and will continue to tell everyone I meet.

Well there are various reasons for people to not get training yet. Ideally everyone would be enrolled in a training class that happens tomorrow, but for some that's not doable. My situation, for example, is a physical one with a f'd up disc in my back that I'm still not sure if it will require surgery, which I have mentioned here before. I will be getting training, but from the pictures I have seen and what I have read, I'm not ready to do the physical movements that this training involves. When I am better though, I'll be the first one in line. I'm pissed that I have to miss out on the special TGO deal that TR is offering.

Most people know they could benefit and their life could be saved by training, and if they are able I don't see why someone would'nt get the training. But constantly having someone come in and **** on a thread asking why they haven't trained yet could distance some people as they don't like to be badgered with the same thing over and over.

That being said, I'm not one of the people who complained to Tongue Stain. I have never complained to anyone about anything happening on an internet message board because I think if someone doesn't like what they see on a message board, they can just click to another thread or another board altogether. I liken it to complaining to the cable company about what comes on a particular channel. Change the channel!

hmmm BACK to the original thread...

I just bought my fiance' an engagement ring that set me back approximately 2 ar15's and a medium range Kimber..so with the money thats left...I have been authorized to buy ONE (1) firearm for myself (or her...and yes, she batted her eyes and mentioned something about "sharing" if it was something she liked)....

SO!!! I'm looking at either a Glock23 NIB or a 1995 P226. It has Hogue grip panels (non-finger grove) and new Meps (less than 6 months old). Trigger job was done less than 2 years ago by a certified Sig armorer.

they both want pretty fair prices ....

so!! whats' your opinions on the sig?

I have never fired either one before...though I will take the glock on faith, since you guys swear by them. all my experience has been with 1911s' and bhps...

If you like BHPs, you'll take to a Sig P226 quite naturally.

Both guns are probably in about the same price-range (the Sig being worth more, especially with the N/S).

There's no question that the Glock would be easier/lighter to carry and conceal... but that's nothing that couldn't be overcome by choosing a proper holster.

Remember, Sig has the trademark on "To hell and back reliability"...