PINK GUNS

ftncityfatboy

How do you feel after seeing those pink guns?  

74 members have voted

1. 1. How do you feel after seeing those pink guns?

• Love them!
    • I feel a little girly after handling them..
    • No way I'm touching them.....
    • Find the acid for my eyes...

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've had a few pass through my hands, ones that were already pink and those I made pink. My wife hates them, she wants all my guns to either be stainless or black. Then again my wife likes guns so she's probably not like most who would have to have a girly gun to enjoy it.

I guess each to his or her own. My wife doesn't like them but she doesn't have any guns of her own she said if she needed one she would just get one of mine.

That being said if I had girl and she wanted a pink gun I would buy her one without hesitation. I have two boys and they aren't interested in guns at this stage of their lives one is busy with collage and girlfriend and the other is into legos

Guest wardamneagle
Raspberry is NOT pink, and I represent that remark! :)

Guessing you mean that you resent that remark?

Anyway, as for me I agree with the school of thought that it makes them look too much like toys, which is always a bad thing

Guest billwilly73

My daughter is 4 years old. She said she wants to shoot guns with me. I found a Savage youth Mark 1 22 for her and had every intention of doing the stock pink for her. I showed her some pictures of pink Crickets and ask her if she wanted a pink gun like that. She said they were pretty but she wants a Blue one.

I stripped the stock down and stained it blue. It looked ok, but I wasn't satisfied, and now I am starting over. It is in primer now and when it is finnished there will be a new thread with a few pics.

So yeah pink guns are for sissies.

Like most men I don't want one for myself. On the other hand if my wife wanted one and that's what it got to get her to carry one I would be shopping for one. Who cares if it looks like a toy. It's not going to be seen unless it was needed for defense.

did you ever see the orange one's at Gander? I can't remember who put them out but I do remember them...

That might be Charter, not sure but seems like I remember see an ad with 2 or 3 differnt colored revolvers. Don't quote me could've been somebody else. I do remember the ad though.

I lucked out, for my wife wanted a Walther PK380 and it doesn't come in colors. The good part is that she wanted a pink holster, which I got for her, so if I should want to shoot it, the guys at the range will not give me stange looks.

Pinkholster001.jpg?t=1295227837

Guest clownsdd
We've found two kinds of people when it comes to pink guns: Those that love them and those that are offended by them. :) There doesn't seem to be much middle ground. We have them at the shop but only by request.

How bout 3 kinds,,,,,need a don't really care on the poll.

I think they're just fine. Got my sis-in-law a pink Walther p-22 and she loves it. My wife, on the other hand,

can't stand the pink guns. Her Walther is not pink. Nor is her mom's.

It's a brilliant marketing ploy and if it gets women in the door you should be happy.

The only problem with that pink one I got was it was $50 more.

I bought a 642 with pink grips for my girl and she hated the gun but loved the color. So I traded it for a GP100 .357 stainless 4". Walking into the gun show and having to check it in and the counter before I could take it on the floor was more than a little awkward. I just smiled and didn't respond the laughs, took 5 minutes to trade the thing, I felt much better once I had gotten rid of the pink griped snubbie.

My wife seen a breast cancer M&P and she wanted it because of the pink grip. I told her you shot my M&P and did not like it. We went to Academy Sports on another day and she saw a pink Taurus and wanted it and I told her they were junk and it would be better to have her Glock 26 dyed pink.

My wife likes the way a gun looks and will not shoot unless she likes the way it looks. I have tried getting her to shoot .22LR handguns and she refuses to shoot one because it is a .22LR. One time I talked her into she shot my 22/45, Neos and my P22 and said she did not like them.