Y-12 Credit Union Members

Guest dotsun

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Engloid
As soon as you thank your bank for not putting up signs, they will go up the next day. Just dont mention signs. :woohoo:

YOu just never know which way they would go on this. Perhaps if I go shopping for a new bank, I will ask the manager if they have plans to make this rule. If they do, I'll keep shopping.

These days, a bank account doesn't give crap for interest anyway, so you might as well shop for a place you like. The big thing for me is a debit card with no fees. I think I may just swap over to First Tennessee. I have an account there already, and they have ATM's everywhere. Y12 has very few tellers that don't hit me with fees.

As soon as you thank your bank for not putting up signs, they will go up the next day. Just dont mention signs
This is what im try to say.

I have found that if your bank reps(or any other place) know you then they do not care if you carry

YOu just never know which way they would go on this. Perhaps if I go shopping for a new bank, I will ask the manager if they have plans to make this rule. If they do, I'll keep shopping.

These days, a bank account doesn't give crap for interest anyway, so you might as well shop for a place you like. The big thing for me is a debit card with no fees. I think I may just swap over to First Tennessee. I have an account there already, and they have ATM's everywhere. Y12 has very few tellers that don't hit me with fees

I have one of my accounts with First Tenn.have never seen a sign posted nor have I ever had anything said to me about my ccw + they have those change machines free of charge.

Is a good choice for a somewhat locally owned bank that is statewide. Most of the large banks are not going to stick silly legal no guns signs up because they will lose business owners who carry guns when making cash deposits. Business accounts can be quite sizable, on top of the usual lines of credit businesses get. Most banks are not stupid and realize people will carry guns at their bank, especially when carrying large deposits.

All any company cares about is profits and if they are publically held they have a responsibility to the stock holder to make as much money possible. All these companies have teams of lawyers that set those policies. The only thing louder than the lawyers is large amounts of money. That being said the only way they will change the policy is if they know they are loosing enough money because of it.

Unfortunately, in a large company they don't care about loosing any one of us but they loose all of us they will notice.

I went rounds and rounds with verizion wireless over their turkey creek store in Knoxville. I finally got to speak to someone in the vp's office and was told they would review the policy but 2 days later they called back and basically said they didn't want my business and the policy would stand. I also got a reply from a different department saying the policy was for the safety of their customers and employees.

Bottom line is if we want things to change for the positive we cant shrug it off and we cant ignore it. We have to stand firm and be willing to be inconvenienced and go some other place with our money.

But we HAVE to tell them why and we HAVE to be polite and respectful. It only takes one of us to fly off the handle and get angry then in their mind the will have made the right choice and NEVER change their policy.

All any company cares about is profits and if they are publically held they have a responsibility to the stock holder to make as much money possible. All these companies have teams of lawyers that set those policies. The only thing louder than the lawyers is large amounts of money. That being said the only way they will change the policy is if they know they are loosing enough money because of it.

Unfortunately, in a large company they don't care about loosing any one of us but they loose all of us they will notice.

I went rounds and rounds with verizion wireless over their turkey creek store in Knoxville. I finally got to speak to someone in the vp's office and was told they would review the policy but 2 days later they called back and basically said they didn't want my business and the policy would stand. I also got a reply from a different department saying the policy was for the safety of their customers and employees.

Bottom line is if we want things to change for the positive we cant shrug it off and we cant ignore it. We have to stand firm and be willing to be inconvenienced and go some other place with our money.

But we HAVE to tell them why and we HAVE to be polite and respectful. It only takes one of us to fly off the handle and get angry then in their mind the will have made the right choice and NEVER change their policy.

That's suprising, I have OC'd in the Athens Verizon office, even sttod around and talked with the ladies there about them getting their carry permits, I sure hope they don't post signs since the only other game in town is US smellular and they suck. Their CS is awful.

Exactly JP. I didn't know verizon has a no gun policy. I'll be switching carriers in the next year or so and now I won't be going to verizon.

Note above, I sure hope this is an isolated inicent.

That's suprising, I have OC'd in the Athens Verizon office, even sttod around and talked with the ladies there about them getting their carry permits, I sure hope they don't post signs since the only other game in town is US smellular and they suck. Their CS is awful.

Yeah I've been with US cellulose for 10 years. I recently got a phone for my wife, signed up for the family plan under my account and they screwed us out of the $30 rebate on the phone. They kept saying I was not eligible as I didn't sign a contract even though I did. Every time I called them and explained that they were referencing the wrong phone # on the account they'd say oh ok, we'll fix it and your rebate will be shipping soon. No money and I got tired of calling the idiots every couple of weeks.

Oh and it was nice meeting you today, Dralarms.

Guest readyornot

I'm a member at ORNL FCU and I carry there all the time. Haven't noticed a sign. But I did notice a new posting about a dress code in the branches. No hats, hoodies, or sunglasses in the lobby or at the teller windows. They want to be sure and get a good picture of the folks stealing our money!

Guest Engloid
I sure hope they don't post signs since the only other game in town is US smellular and they suck. Their CS is awful.

How many years have they won awards for the BEST customer service?

If you're not happy with their customer service, give it time and you'll be over verizon too.

Guest Engloid

I got a reply to my email today:

"Thank you for your email. I have forwarded it to our Management Team."

Sincerely,

Traci Harrison

Marketing Team Leader

Y-12 Federal Credit Union

ph: 865-482-1043 x395

fax: 865-482-5488

Yeah I've been with US cellulose for 10 years. I recently got a phone for my wife, signed up for the family plan under my account and they screwed us out of the $30 rebate on the phone. They kept saying I was not eligible as I didn't sign a contract even though I did. Every time I called them and explained that they were referencing the wrong phone # on the account they'd say oh ok, we'll fix it and your rebate will be shipping soon. No money and I got tired of calling the idiots every couple of weeks.

Oh and it was nice meeting you today, Dralarms.

It was nice meeting you also. Thanks for the upper.:D

How many years have they won awards for the BEST customer service?

If you're not happy with their customer service, give it time and you'll be over verizon too.

Don't know about that, they have always treated me right (dropped my phone in the pool once and they "warrantied" it out). It's all in which branch you deal with and WHO in that branch also I guess.

I got a reply to my email today:

"Thank you for your email. I have forwarded it to our Management Team."

Sincerely,

Traci Harrison

Marketing Team Leader

Y-12 Federal Credit Union

ph: 865-482-1043 x395

fax: 865-482-5488

Well damn, I didn't get a reply. I know Traci, nice girl, maybe I'll give her a call and see what's up with mine. Maybe they checked my account and decided I wasn't worth the trouble. :D

Guest Engloid
Well damn, I didn't get a reply. I know Traci, nice girl, maybe I'll give her a call and see what's up with mine. Maybe they checked my account and decided I wasn't worth the trouble. :)

I guess that makes me feel better. :D

I rarely go into any of the branches. I prefer online banking, and ATM's. The hours of operation are much better that way. :rofl:

Note above, I sure hope this is an isolated inicent.

Well i think it was kinda a isolated incident and it was probably just the store manager that posted it. i have a written response from them ill try and post when i get home. Also most of the verizon stores are authorized resellers too so verizon may not even own the store in athens.

And for the record i worked my way through college at one of those places in the mall that sells all the different services and they all suck when it comes to customer service.

Also BBnT post all their locations in Va so i assume they do it here to.

Well i think it was kinda a isolated incident and it was probably just the store manager that posted it. i have a written response from them ill try and post when i get home. Also most of the verizon stores are authorized resellers too so verizon may not even own the store in athens.

Very good points. Just because you see a sign at national brand store, doesn't mean it is the policy of the national chain. In some cases they company may not even know the local store has posted and on rare occasions the sign could go against the national chain's policy.

So not a bad idea to talk with the local manger first and then move on up the chain if you are really unhappy about it to see if you can get it changed.

Very good points. Just because you see a sign at national brand store, doesn't mean it is the policy of the national chain. In some cases they company may not even know the local store has posted and on rare occasions the sign could go against the national chain's policy.

So not a bad idea to talk with the local manger first and then move on up the chain if you are really unhappy about it to see if you can get it changed.

I should have been more clear. That is their national policy and they even sent me a reference to the TN law that allowed them to do it. I just think they may not be very consistent with the postings. Its looking like im not gonna get home till friday but i will post their letter then.

I do agree with you Fallguy that sometimes it is the case that its just a local manager and in those cases it is much easier to get the signs taken down. We just have to always be diligent about having our voices heard peacefully and politely.

Edited by jpruett79
clarify my thought.

ditto on Eastman. The one here in Blountville is posted but the signs aren't properly formated. Concealed is concealed.

What I dread is when they start that stupid **** like the banks up in Baltimore, they have 2 sets of entry doors with a metal detector in between if the detector trips both sets lock causing you to be trapped between.