New toy. 1911

Show

I can't say enough good stuff about Guns and Leather in Greenbrier. I walked in this morning determined to walk out with a 1911. I did have to wait a while for assistance but it was well worth it.

The first thing that caught my eye was a Dan Wesson Pointman. I asked to see it, then said here is what I have in my pocket, what is the most 1911 I can get for the money? I kept coming back to the DW. Finally the guy said there is an open range, here is a free mag and free range time, go shoot it. I gave my Mil ID to hold the range. After I shot it, I decided it was a keeper. I was asked if I was active duty, and the gentleman said let me go back and make you a better deal on this gun. He came back and said how does $350 sound. Of course I jumped on it and bought a few other doo-dads while I was there.

Needless to say, G&L earned a customer for life.

Here are the manditory gun and target pics.

Not my best shooting but ok in a hurry with a new gun.

DanWesson.jpg

DanWesson2.jpg

Edited by Show
spelling
  • Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Plainsman
Did I misunderstand it or did you pick up a Dan Wesson for 350? :stare:

Precisely what I was thinking.

If this DW is even close to the quality in mine, you've got one heck of a 1911 for $350. I didn't know you could find ANY 1911 worth owning for that price, especially at a gun shop. Props to G&L.

Guest NashvegasMatt

do you find that grip to be spongy in the finger areas because it's hollow behind there? I was thinking about those grips but was curious.

do you find that grip to be spongy in the finger areas because it's hollow behind there? I was thinking about those grips but was curious.

I had to go grab it to see what you meant. On the pachmayrs they are solid once mounted on the gun, no spongy feeling it all. I really dislike the look of these grips, but they fit my hand so well that I dont really want to swap. I still may get some mil-tac g-10s to try out.