• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I bet!yall got it worse then us and i was up all night wetting my bed,

now where did i stick my water proof thunder wear :cool:

I don't think I would be admitting that on an open forum. It could be taken as a sign of being mentally defective (I love the wording on that one) and then you would be denied future gun purchases.

We made it find, course I was trying to give a play by play account last night:rolleyes:

It was rough getting to work this morning, lots of stop lights out. The one that hit the mall went real close to my M&FIL and close to my BIL, all are ok.

The NWS was called this a Tornado Emergency, which evidently is a step up from Tornado Warnings because of the heavy populated area.

Tornado Emergency is issued by the National Weather Service (NWS) when a large, violent tornado is expected to impact a populated area. The term was first used during the May 3, 1999 tornado outbreak that spawned the Moore F5 tornado just south of Oklahoma City, Oklahoma. A Tornado Emergency is simply enhanced wording added, (at the discretion of the forcasters working the event), to a standard Tornado Warning, mainly a headline containing the phrase "Tornado Emergency for..." and specific information about areas in the path. Since information about the tornado and its exact path are often ascertained after the initial Tornado Warning is issued, this designation is usually added to the Severe Weather Statement (SVS) that is used to follow-up a Tornado Warning.

Only 11 times has this been used, 4 of which were for West Tennessee yesterday.:cool:

Shut up, I'm a weather geek.:koolaid:

I thought we were going to get hammered where I live. I'm in Mt. Juliet near Old Hickory Lake. When the storm was passing over Lisa Patton was calling out the names of all the streets around my house and advising to take cover. We got lucky and it just skirted us and headed up towards Gallatin. The light show was amazing. I saw green lightning!

The store finally meandered in this morning over here. A couple of rumbles of thunder but no wind to speak of. We are getting a bit of rain now. That's one reason I like this area. We get a tornado once every 10 years or so. If I lived around Jackson, I'd have a storm shelter.

Everything is good down this way. We had some high winds but no tornados. I was at work and my wife was home alone scared to death. One of my co-workers had his new shop he was building blown away. A tree was blown on his enclosed race car trailor and his house got some damage. His wife and son were in the basement when it happened. That was in Walnut MS just south of here.

I hope everyone from TGO made it through this okay.

Tornadoes are one of natures fury's that I do not care for at all. Back in 1974, the greater Cincinnati area got hit with about 11 of them one afternoon. While our house was unscathed I knew plenty of people whose homes were basically flattened. To this day on U.S. 50 along the Ohio River you can still tell where a path was cleared of trees. Has to be near a half mile wide strip running up the opposite side of the river in KY. I remember it looking like someone had dumped a box of kitchen matches all over the place the way the trees lay strewn. There was one car I saw with my own eyes that was half full of mud inside. The windows remained unbroken but the force of the wind forced mud through the door seals. There was a layer of 6 inches of it inside the car. It is crazy how them things pick and choose their targets. A house left untouched and ones on either side flattened. Boggles the mind how nature works sometimes.

For whatever reason we do not seem to get them here. I am guessing it is the terrain and the way the ridges run. Weather from the west and northwest is never as severe here as it is on the other side of the ridge. But when I see weather coming from the east and south we can catch it pretty good. thankfully it does not happen that way often.

All fine here... had a loose gutter come halfway off, a screen door flung open (bent to crap now), part of the weeping willow came down, and the dogs were upset even though they got to sleep inside.

Everybody's safe here though, I hope the same for everybody else.

Collierville is safe and sound as far as I can see. The Hickory Ridge mall damage caused all kinds of traffic congestion in the morning. Apparently they had to close the entire area around the mall to prevent looting, go figure :(

Winchester is still closed in front of the mall, just got back from looking at a property, went down Raines and came up behind the Hickory ridge mall, strip of trees down, people on top of Kroger were looking at roof. Couldn't see any damage to the mall, some minor damage on houses around their , all the businesses are closed, no power in that block that the mall is on. Saw a lot of fences (wood) down. There was trash (not sure if it was from the storm or it is just normal trash:p), and tons of wall/roof insullation everywhere, roads, parking lots, trees, yards, everywhere.

Guest canynracer

all clear here in Lakeland...had to go get my porch swing from the neighbors yard....and pick up the tree in my backyard, but no damage to my house

brand new house (unoccupied) was trashed...roof was stripped off...