Where do yankees come from?

enfield

Are they born or made?

How long must a yankee live in the south before he's no longer a yankee?

Where is the 'north'?

Where is the 'south'?

If a southerner moves to yankeeland, does he become a yankee? If so, is it reversible?

How about the opposite?

Are Kentuckians and West Virginians yankees?

If a Tennessee couple gits them a dee-vorce, are their kids still cousins?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Where do yankees come from?

The other side of the Mason-Dixon line.

How long must a yankee live in the south before he's no longer a yankee?

He's always a Yankee.

A cat having kittens in the oven don't make 'em biscuits, and simply moving south don't make one not a yankee. Ya have to be born here.

A yankee living here long enough may be granted a pardon, and be considered "reformed" though... Length of time required varies, depending on how long the person takes to lose their yankee ways. :lol:

Edited by Jamie

You're aware that the Mason-Dixon line is about 65 miles south of Pittsburgh, and that a good chunk of Ohio, Indiana, and Illinois are south of it?

Some of West Virginia is south of the line, and some is north of it. Are some West Virginians yankees?

Are some Ohioans, some Hoosiers, and some Illini NOT yankees?

If being born north of the line makes you a yankee, then I'm not one, though I've lived most of my life in Michigan (so far).

Edited by enfield

Yes, I know where the Mason-Dixon line is... Its exact location is a fact some Southerners try to ignore though. :lol:

Oh, and my mom, while born here, was also raised in Warren Michigan.

You're aware that the Mason-Dixon line is about 65 miles south of Pittsburgh, and that a good chunk of Ohio, Indiana, and Illinois are south of it?

Some of West Virginia is south of the line, and some is north of it. Are some West Virginians yankees?

Are some Ohioans, some Hoosiers, and some Illini NOT yankees?

If being born north of the line makes you a yankee, then I'm not one, though I've lived most of my life in Michigan (so far).

Ever been to Ohio? Red necks there make red necks here look sophisticated. True story :lol:

I just might have achieved the coveted Damn Yankee status by now. It's been three years and I'm still here.

Well, you're ahead of me. I'm still trying to find out if I'm a yankee at all, being from WV south of the line.

Edited by enfield
Well, you're ahead of me. I'm still trying to find out if I'm a yankee at all, being from WV south of the line.

You're no Yankee, Enfield, though you may have picked up some bad habits, what with living 'mongst 'em for so long and all.

Speaking of Yankees :rolleyes:

One morning 3 South Georgia good old boys and 3 Yankees were in a ticket line at the Albany train station heading to Athens for a big football game.

The 3 Northerners each bought a ticket and watched as the 3 Southerners bought just one ticket among them.

"How are the 3 of you going to travel on one 1 ticket?" asked one of the Yankees.

"Watch and learn" answered one of the boys from the South.

When the 6 travelers boarded the train, the 3 Yankees sat down, but the 3 Southerners crammed into a bathroom together and closed the door.

Shortly after the train departed, the conductor came around to collect tickets.

He knocked on the bathroom door and said, "tickets please." the door opened just a crack and a single arm emerged with a ticket in hand. The Conductor took it and moved on.

The Yankees saw this happen and agreed it was quite a clever idea.. Indeed, so clever that they decided to do the same thing on the return trip and save some money.

That evening after the game when they got to the Charlotte train station, they bought a single ticket for the return trip while to their astonishment the 3 Southerners didn't buy even 1 ticket.

"How are you going to travel without a ticket?" asked one of the perplexed Yankees.

"Watch and learn", answered one of the Southern boys.

When they boarded the train the 3 Northerners crammed themselves into a bathroom and the 3 Southerners crammed themselves into the other bathroom across from it.

Shortly after the train began to move, one of the Southerners left their bathroom and walked quietly over to the Yankee's bathroom. He knocked on the door and said "ticket please".

There's just no way on God's green earth to explain how the Yankees won the war...

Guest Sgt. Joe

My mom was born in GA and my dad in RI. (yes I have some yankee kin)

My mom refered to my dad as "The Dam Yankee" until the day that she died. It was never "your dad" or "your father" it was the Dam Yankee is gonna whoop your butt when he gets home.