Bad weather on the West side of the state today

Guest db99wj

Guest canynracer

We are ok, but houses around us got hit here in Lakeland and Arlington...one brand new house was destroyed....neighbors cars are trashed...but no homes hurt in my immediate neighborhood.

apparantley, even stronger ones are coming tonight around midnight....

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Crunchman

Reports are one fatality in Huntersville, minor injuries at Union. Two dorms destroyed and all the cars parked around them are toast. North side of Jackson is in the dark. Second round is supposed to hit here around 10:00pm. It's gonna be a looong night.

Shelby county just went under tornado warning agian, huge line rolling across Miss river into west TN.

Edit: Back to thunderstorm warning.:D:rolleyes:

Edited by db99wj
Guest nitrous_mike

Just got power back on here, Huntersville is no longer there according to reports and as stated one dead from there. As muggy as it is still here and the wind being out of the East I am sure we are in for some nasty weather to come.

Guest canynracer

Lakeland Sirens just turned off....then the wind just picked up...Like A LOT...it must be 60 mph....freaking swing in my front yard just went across the street...

cant believe I still have internet and power!!

We got lucky out here, the worst thing that happened was I had to get my garbage can from across the street when I got home today. It's one of those big wheeled models, too.

Guest highvoltage

well we have electricty here in castalian springs this morning it been cooold but at least me and my bunch are ok about a mile down the road is pure devistation and several dead have not had a lot of news out here but praying for all hope everyone is ok

My thoughts and prayers go out to any and all victims of these tornados. My house was badly damaged by a tornado in April of 2006 here in Crossville. Saw it coming, had just enought time to grab the wife and get to the bathroom in the center of the house.

It was over in about 30 seconds and nobody in our neighborhood was hurt. I will never forget the view of that tornado coming, the freight train sound it made with the house shaking and the windows being sucked out. Took 2 months to get things squared away with insurance, reconstruction etc- about $35,000 damage was done.