FNS-9

Guest WTDeBerry

Guest WTDeBerry

Belgium-based FN Herstal has recently announced the launch of its newly designed 9mm FNS™-9 pistol on the market.

c720182d15.png

The FNS™-9 pistol has been developed around a pre-loaded striker mechanism, which provides a short and light trigger pull identical to all shots for fast and accurate shooting. Additionally, the polymer frame is designed with a low bore axis for reduced felt recoil and enhanced control.

Each FNS™-9 pistol features an optional manual safety, trigger safety, firing pin safety and a drop safety, ensuring maximized security.

Additionally, the pistol comes standard with a number of ergonomic features: ultra no-slip checkered grips for an improved grip, front serrations for press check and two interchangeable backstrap inserts for a customized fit. All operating controls are fully ambidextrous.

The FNS™-9 pistol will be on display at EUROSATORY in Paris from 14 through to 18 June 2010 (Belgian Pavilion, Hall 6, Stand No. F201).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So.. Thoughts/Opinions?

-WTDeBerry

Edited by WTDeBerry
  • Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I had the FN FNP 9 was a good gun im just parcial to Glock. The New one that i seen was the FNX I havent seen a FNS. But for the money i would go with the FNP not that much differance in the FNX.

Looks just like the FNX except with a different trigger. I hope the trigger is a lot better than their FNP line. I owned a FNP for a while. The gun had great ergonomics and was reasonably accurate, but it had one of the longest trigger pulls I have experienced.

I dont know about "recently" announced - the FNS has been on FNH Belgium's website for going on 6 months or so now. It is expected to be presented coming up at shot show and probably hit the US market early this summer maybe spring.

And as far as the picture, obviously striker fired, different trigger, and looks like a different control for the safety.

Guest WTDeBerry

I dig it. On another forum, I read them talking about it being LEO only, but I do not know how much fact is behind that statement. I, myself, am a Glock person, but I think that it is indeed a very nice looking firearm, comparable to a G19. However, I wouldn't replace my G19 with it..... EVER.

I was just curious what others thought.

--WTDeBerry

Guest drv2fst

If it can match Glock 19 size, capacity, and weight with better ergonomics, I'd be interested. I like every FNH gun I've owned. I haven't kept them all but I liked them all.

I had a FNP in 9mm go through my hands last summer. Shot about 200rnds out of it before it went to a friend. While I really liked it, the only thing that did bug me in the beginning was the trigger pull. After a few mags, I started getting used to it. At the end of the shooting session, I was pleased with the accuracy. As far as it being close in size to the G19, I felt like it was and I don't think there would be any issues carrying it in place of a G19.......but once again, gotta get used to the trigger pull first!!!!