CoalCreek Armory Is being Trashedover on Yahoo! Answers

Guest milkman

Guest milkman

How do I get my gun that was botched and stolen by a firearms dealer? Coal Creek Armory, Knoxville, TN? - Yahoo! Answers

I don't know if anyone knows anyone there, or if they would even want to respond, I did. I would love to know the back story. I will post the rant here in case it gets deleted over there.

How do I get my gun that was botched and stolen by a firearms dealer? Coal Creek Armory, Knoxville, TN?

I bought an AK-47 online and had it sent to an import supporting firearms dealer for transfer. I received conditional proceed and in turn they decided to deny the conditional proceed. They hid my constitutional right to appeal any denial and told me I'd never see my gun again. One girl said they might've sold it without my permission which is against the law. They charge 100$ for assault rifle transfers when the law states the most you can charge is 10$ for background check and I think up to about 20$ for the transfer fee itself. After threatening to press charges they suddenly found their appeal documentation and I was approved by the FBI and NICS. Now they will not respond to any contact and try to hang up on me every time I call. They have a posted storage fee of $2.50/day for 60 days and then afterwards they consider it abandoned. A firearms appeal takes about 3 months due to the volume level of appeals. How can I get my gun, and where is the law? I've reported this to every law enforcement agency from the deputy down the road to the Illuminati and nobody has done a thing. I'd also like to know why these things aren't known and enforced in the state of Tennessee, and why nobody has been arrested. The cops have lied to me for nearly 6 months now saying I can't press charges on someone who has pressed misdemeanor charges on me, and he's committing every felony known to man from sexual attacks, manipulation of mentally handicapped, grand larceny and everything below it. His name is Eddie Jones and two officers arbitrarily filled out a police report against me after three incidents of aggrivated assault on myself with no arrests. They also used an alias which by law removes all protective rights after the initial imprisonment of them, which hasn't happened yet. The officers names are Officer Harris, and Danny Lester. When trying to recover the 911 recordings I was completely and blatantly misdirected by a Sherriff of the Cumberland County Justice Center, and eventually told that they could not be found due to the fact that a keyword search would bog down their communications centers servers. I'm a computer technician and I know if a system has the ability, it's able. My public defender is now off the case and I served 8 days in jail, only to be jailed another 10 days, assigned a public defender who has dropped out of the case even though it's continued for 6 months, in which it will be dismissed. I have no convictions or charges on my records besides this one. I can't even join the military. The district attorneys office in Crossville, TN shredded criminal evidence regarding long term and short term stalking. Stalking of 4 months to 7 years....The TBI fields have lost the original copys and their office here in crossville is unoperational, which is also against the law. When talking to an Official at the Justice Center, Officer Harris barged in and stared over me, in which I told the Official that was him. Every officer and official I've talked to is completely and blatantly unresponsive and ignorant. Many, many, many people should be in prison by now and nobody has done a damn thing. I just want these charges gone, my stuff back, and my gun. Someone leave this message on here until some FBI agent runs over it and throws up, or do what you can to help...

My answer was...
There is so much here that I hardly know where to start. First I think you should ask this at http://tngunowners.com/. That is a Tennessee State Gun Forum, I hang around there from time to time. They will give you the best answer.

First let me say I have always heard good things about Coal Creek Armory.

First of all a private entity cannot violate your constitutional rights. They may not have informed you of your due process rights, I don't believe that to be the case, perhaps you were angry and did not pay attention, but that;s neither here nor there. You had due process rights and yet you did not exercise them as you wish you could have.

I am not sure selling a gun that at this point you cannot legally own is against the law. It may be if they don't give you your money, but I am not entirely clear on this point.

There is no legal limit to the amount a gun dealer can charge for a transfer. My guy charges 10%, he lives next door and his store is a mile down the road, the next nearest FFL is 20 miles away and so it makes it worth it to me.

Ok so you appealed and now they won;t return your phone calls? Have you gone to the store? I believe that is very likely you have burned bridges here and they are tired of dealing with you so they just aren't dealing with you.

Ok, it looks like you are awaiting a prison sentence, because of some incident that happened between you and Eddie Jones. That means you cannot legally own a gun. Sorry, if I have that right then the FFL has done the right thing.

In fact it looks like you are awaiting a hearing, another no sale sorry.

I know Cumberland County, and I am sorry to say that they are not the best in Tennessee, but they are far from the worst.

You actually say, "I just want these charges gone, my stuff back, and my gun. Someone leave this message on here until some FBI agent runs over it and throws up, or do what you can to help..."

If you have pending charges it is a no sale, there is literally nothing that can be done.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest milkman
Yea, but did you see his signature? He is a kwik follower.

Are you talking about my signature line?

Mine is a quote from the State's Answer to Embody's suit, I am not a follower of his. Actually I need to check and see if anything else has happened in that case.

• Admin Team

I'm really stretching to see how this thread could possibly yield anything of value. And, I'm really not seeing it.

Clearly this man has some issues between him and owning a weapon, and I really don't seed where CCA is anything more than tangentially involved.

This thread's on thin ice. Watch where you skate.

I've been to that store once; it's a nice, well run place and the people I talked with were friendly and knowledgeable. They are a little out of the way for me to buy from often but I wouldn't hesitate to use them if I lived close enough.

This guy sounds like he brings idiocy to a new low...it's probably a good thing he didn't get his AK!

I've been to that store once; it's a nice, well run place and the people I talked with were friendly and knowledgeable. They are a little out of the way for me to buy from often but I wouldn't hesitate to use them if I lived close enough.

This guy sounds like he brings idiocy to a new low...it's probably a good thing he didn't get his AK!

I thought some of the people there were friendly, the people at the front counter however not so much.

While I can not stand CCA I seriously doubt they have done anything illegal. Now unscrupulous yes but illegal, no. If someone can't take possession of a firearm it needs to be returned to the shipper rather than sit and collect storage fees. Sounds alomst like they are trying to collect enough fees to take possession of the firearm. I have friends who do business with them on a very regular basis and they have never mentioned storage fees for any of their guns that were in CCA's possession.

The person posting this on Yahoo obviously has some issues that is preventing him from owning a weapon. Based solely on his post I would be very concerned about his actions if he did or does own a weapon. He has some serious control issues. An FFL can refuse to sell or transfer for any reason and if an irrational person came in to pick up a firearm I can see why the person could be refused.

Dolomite

Are you talking about my signature line?

Mine is a quote from the State's Answer to Embody's suit, I am not a follower of his. Actually I need to check and see if anything else has happened in that case.

Well the way I read it was you were "standing up for" kwik. sorry for the misinterpitation.

As far as CCA, bought a couple of guns of them once but then tried to do business with them again and was met with RUDE and "holier than thou additude".

Guest tnxdshooter
While I can not stand CCA I seriously doubt they have done anything illegal. Now unscrupulous yes but illegal, no. If someone can't take possession of a firearm it needs to be returned to the shipper rather than sit and collect storage fees. Sounds alomst like they are trying to collect enough fees to take possession of the firearm. I have friends who do business with them on a very regular basis and they have never mentioned storage fees for any of their guns that were in CCA's possession.

The person posting this on Yahoo obviously has some issues that is preventing him from owning a weapon. Based solely on his post I would be very concerned about his actions if he did or does own a weapon. He has some serious control issues. An FFL can refuse to sell or transfer for any reason and if an irrational person came in to pick up a firearm I can see why the person could be refused.

Dolomite

Schitzo if that is how you spell it. He would have shot some poor rep or senator in the head and killed kids and stuff.

First if he got a conditional proceed then he DID appeal. Conditionals are a response to an appeal of a denial. Second no gun dealer in TN will do a conditional proceed, due to the fact that a conditional proceed means there is info there (or missing) indicating a dis-qualifier where the TBI cannot clear a person but also cannot straight out deny and so put all the liability on the gun store without any further details. Thirdly, on transfers even though the customer has paid for it if he is denied on the background check the firearm is legally the stores it was transferred to. The problem being is that most online stores have a no return policy or 3-10 day inspection period. Since appeals take 15 days by law, they usually miss this window meaning the only place that can keep the gun legally is the transferred to store, in this case Coal Creek.

This guy is an idiot who should have had his stuff in order before hand. Another good reason to deal locally unless you are really sure you are clear on the BG.

I'm really stretching to see how this thread could possibly yield anything of value. And, I'm really not seeing it.

Clearly this man has some issues between him and owning a weapon, and I really don't seed where CCA is anything more than tangentially involved.

This thread's on thin ice. Watch where you skate.

I'd say that any thread that includes the word "tangentially" in a post is on thin ice.

First if he got a conditional proceed then he DID appeal. Conditionals are a response to an appeal of a denial. Second no gun dealer in TN will do a conditional proceed, due to the fact that a conditional proceed means there is info there (or missing) indicating a dis-qualifier where the TBI cannot clear a person but also cannot straight out deny and so put all the liability on the gun store without any further details. Thirdly, on transfers even though the customer has paid for it if he is denied on the background check the firearm is legally the stores it was transferred to. The problem being is that most online stores have a no return policy or 3-10 day inspection period. Since appeals take 15 days by law, they usually miss this window meaning the only place that can keep the gun legally is the transferred to store, in this case Coal Creek.

This guy is an idiot who should have had his stuff in order before hand. Another good reason to deal locally unless you are really sure you are clear on the BG.

The thread was worth it for this. Good info, Smith!

Sounds like this guy had a typically case of "don't let the facts ruin a good story".

Thanks for posting the details about the denial and appeals process Smith - I learn something on TGO almost every day.