carrying outside of the u.s.

Mexico = 3rd World Sh#thole with a few nice beaches.

Like most places, it depends on where you go. Anywhere near the border or Mexico City, agreed. Other places can be quite nice. I went to Queretaro for business a few years ago. It was a beautiful place. The people were very friendly, buildings and such were all clean and well cared for. There was an open-air market with kids playing. We had no trouble walking from our hacienda to dinner and back. I enjoyed it.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been to Mexico twice. I was nice but I don't think I'll go back.

1) If you happen to get injured or need medical attention while you're there, good luck. We rode 4-wheelers while we were there once and one of the people with us had a wreck and almost broke his leg. I really don't want them working on me in a Mexican hospital.

2) If you get in any kind of trouble with the police, good luck. You don't even have to be doing anything wrong. Alot of the police are corrupt.

3) American hostages are cash cows for the mexican gangs. They will snatch you up in a heatbeat (given the chance) and hold you for ransom. After that they would more than likely kill you.

I had a good friend that crossed the border and never came back alive. The family never found out what happened but they had to pay what amounted to a pretty steep ransom to the Mexican authorities just to get the body back.

With all of the cartel activity and just blatant unfriendliness towards US border security on the part of the Mexican government, I can't see why ANY American citizen would want to go to Mexico.

+5

(or whatever, I lost count...)

Too many amazing places to see in the CONUS to risk going to that hell-hole nowadays, imo.