Hogs near Sparta

I'm headin down to sparta to a buddies house to do a little hog hunting and I'm just wondering what the density is down there? Are we gonna see a good amount of hogs or we just wasting out time? It's in white county and in the past harvest reports white county done well but that doesn't mean anything since hogs don't have to be checked in...So any info you guys can offer up I appreciate it!!

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest BEARMAN

Yeah, I've heard of hawgs down that way too; just don't know the densities.

Try scouting the creek bottoms and drainages, looking for sign, wallows, trails leading to/from a food source, or bedding areas.

Good luck!...Post pics!

-Bearman

Guest BEARMAN

Pretty sure baiting of any spieces is illegal, private land or not. Bait must be completely removed 10 days prior to hunting it.

Try using Sow-in-heat scent lure; you can get it at Academy sports or Bass Pro shops. It's legal too.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

TRADING POST NOTICE

Before engaging in any transaction of goods or services on TGO, all parties involved must know and follow the local, state and Federal laws regarding those transactions.

TGO makes no claims, guarantees or assurances regarding any such transactions.

THE FINE PRINT

Tennessee Gun Owners (TNGunOwners.com) is the premier Community and Discussion Forum for gun owners, firearm enthusiasts, sportsmen and Second Amendment proponents in the state of Tennessee and surrounding region.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is a presentation of Enthusiast Productions. The TGO state flag logo and the TGO tri-hole "icon" logo are trademarks of Tennessee Gun Owners. The TGO logos and all content presented on this site may not be reproduced in any form without express written permission. The opinions expressed on TGO are those of their authors and do not necessarily reflect those of the site's owners or staff.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is not a lobbying organization and has no affiliation with any lobbying organizations.  Beware of scammers using the Tennessee Gun Owners name, purporting to be Pro-2A lobbying organizations!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to the following.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.