AK sighting assistance please. . .

turkeydad

I just got through making some mods to my Intrac imported Maadi ARM. . .cut the thumbhole to make a pistol grip. . sanded and refinished in a honey oak with just a little red tint in it. . put in a g2 trigger group and removed the thread cap and added an M4 style bird cage break (pix below).

CCA in Ktown put on a removable side mount sleeve a long time ago for me (as Maadis never had the side mount) and it has an ATN Digital ULTRA SIGHT that I got a good deal on (the non digital models has some issues) but the Digital supposed to be pretty solid. . .ATN claims its Military grade.

Well to the point. . gonna sight it in tomorow. . and I know with the irons at the home position a 25 yard "zero" has always been how I sighted an AK in. . but the sight picture is about 1.5' higher. . wouldnt that drastically change a 25 yad battlesight zero?

IMAG0010.jpg

Edited by turkeydad
picture added
  • Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure if I fully understand your question but I'll give it a shot. You will be setting up the new ATN sight as a different and independent sight picture. This has nothing to do with iron sight's zero since you won't be touching them.

Your ATN will have it's own sight picture and zero, as well as your iron sights. You're not going to be using both at the same time so that's why they can have different aim points.

Edited by Trekbike

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

TRADING POST NOTICE

Before engaging in any transaction of goods or services on TGO, all parties involved must know and follow the local, state and Federal laws regarding those transactions.

TGO makes no claims, guarantees or assurances regarding any such transactions.

THE FINE PRINT

Tennessee Gun Owners (TNGunOwners.com) is the premier Community and Discussion Forum for gun owners, firearm enthusiasts, sportsmen and Second Amendment proponents in the state of Tennessee and surrounding region.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is a presentation of Enthusiast Productions. The TGO state flag logo and the TGO tri-hole "icon" logo are trademarks of Tennessee Gun Owners. The TGO logos and all content presented on this site may not be reproduced in any form without express written permission. The opinions expressed on TGO are those of their authors and do not necessarily reflect those of the site's owners or staff.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is not a lobbying organization and has no affiliation with any lobbying organizations.  Beware of scammers using the Tennessee Gun Owners name, purporting to be Pro-2A lobbying organizations!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to the following.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.