Florida CCW Permit?

Guest TargetShooter84

Guest TargetShooter84

I'm gonna be traveling to Florida a bit more this summer and I know that Florida has a non-resident gun permit for those that don't live in FL. I want to obtain one.

Can somebody tell me how to obtain one? I have looked all over the internet and I did find a link from one of the old threads here but its dead link or didn't work for me.

For those that have already gone through the process and own a FL permit, can you tell me how it went? Step by step if possible?

Thanks!

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm gonna be traveling to Florida a bit more this summer and I know that Florida has a non-resident gun permit for those that don't live in FL. I want to obtain one. ..

What possible advantage would that provide?

Btw, a simple search leads you directly to Florida Handgun Permit site, first two hits, with all info, download forms, etc.

Let me google that for you

- OS

Guest TargetShooter84

Yeah but you can't have your fingerprints electronically scanned like we do here in TN....you have to wait for the fingerprint card to come in the mail....bummer. Guess the whole thing is done via postal mail then.

I see it asks for pay stub or utility bills to show proof of residency, did anyone have to do that? If so, what did they provide? I'm thinking Credit Card bill is sufficient...?

And the reason I want one is because there's a good possibliity I may stay short-term (month or so) so that's a good reason there....

Yeah but you can't have your fingerprints electronically scanned like we do here in TN....you have to wait for the fingerprint card to come in the mail....bummer. Guess the whole thing is done via postal mail then.

I see it asks for pay stub or utility bills to show proof of residency, did anyone have to do that? If so, what did they provide? I'm thinking Credit Card bill is sufficient...?

And the reason I want one is because there's a good possibliity I may stay short-term (month or so) so that's a good reason there....

A Non resident FL permit requires passport photo, verification of training, fingerprint card, application, $117. 34 states honor a FL permit which is valid for 7 years.

Guest TnRebel

any sheriffs office can electronically scan your prints for a fee they all charge their own fee, where are you going and I can tell you where to go . BTW I moved here from Florida and had my permit from there and am going to let it expaire... no need for both Florida recognizes Tennessee with the exception of open carry.

A Non resident FL permit requires passport photo, verification of training, fingerprint card, application, $117. 34 states honor a FL permit which is valid for 7 years.

It also apparently doesn’t ask if you have been suspended or revoked in your home state. :)

I agree with "why?'. Because our states have agreed to honor each others permits I can travel through GA and stay in FL as a non-resident with my weapon. To start applying for permits whereever I might travel negates the staes agreeing to anything about carrying weapons.

Guest TargetShooter84

Alright, sounds like I'll just stick to my TN HCP then.

Just thought it would be alternative to have if I stayed in Florida for a good while or something but I'll just stick with TN HCP then.