My Mistake

Guest canebreaker

Guest canebreaker

I bought a Taurus 605 stainless .357 a couple of years ago. Good price, 270. with tax and background check. I carried it to my gf house so we could do some target practice and left it there for her home defence. I had plans to bring it home, but she was coming here the next weekend. During that week, she told me not to ever show my face at her house again. What I left there was hers. Now she wants a bill of sells, showing the gun is hers.

I called the courts, I need an attorney for this matter. They want 1,000. to go to court.

She can rot in :lol: before she gets the bos.

I bought another Taurus 605 black .357 yesterday. 260. with a box of ammo, sales tax and background check. A lot cheaper than getting mine back from her.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would discuss with an attorney what needs to be done to unassociate that firearm to me. Not sure if a police report or maybe a bill of sale would work, but my concern would be if that firearm was ever involved in a crime I would not want it to come back on me.

I'm just mean enough that I might report her brandishing the gun and threatening me with it.

First, if you lie, you will be found out. Second, its against TGO rules to advocate breaking the law (as this, a false accusation, would be). Third, by posting that, you just made public your intent and could be found out even easier. This is a BAD Plan!

Control your anger and hate, then make a decision to either write it off (in this case, get it out of your name and disassociated with your name), or attempt to recover it. Even if the attempt to recover it fails, you should get it out of your name.

If she claims it was a gift, logic is on your side. Most people transfer related paperwork when they give one, and you signed something when you bought it that you were buying it for yourself, and typically folks dont buy guns as gifts for a GF early in a relationship.

He gave her the gun to use for home defense. Cops won’t take a theft report; it’s civil.

I wouldn’t spend any money to pursue it. Who cares if its used in a crime and checks back to him; he can tell them who has it.

Guest canebreaker

After dussing this with her one night, she went into an online gameroom. I entered under another name. She told others that I'd get the gun, but from the wrong end.

Can't copy and paste from the online game. So that would be hear say.

I could report it missing.

Probably, the police won't help. If you tell them, and prove to them (A copy of a certified letter to her demanding it back) that you've asked for it back then they MIGHT help you.

I'm not a Mississippi lawyer. Almost every state, however, has some sort of small claims court that would allow you to file yourself, at minimal cost, for a return of your property. Go in, tell the Judge your story, show him your paperwork and you'll probably get your gun back.

Guest Lester Weevils

Canebreaker, is the ex-gf in the same state as your residence? If she happens to live in a different state, then even if you wanted to give her a bill of sale, wouldn't that be an illegal transfer unless you go thru an FFL?

If across state lines, it seems you would need to do something to dissasociate the gun from your name to prevent you from possibly being charged for an illegal transfer sometime in the future?

I read people say it is legal to loan or rent firearms across state lines, so a loan to the ex-gf shouldn't be illegal across state lines? But a gift would have to be mediated by FFL?

I would report it as stolen and tell the police who has it, basically that's what has happened.

Had you left your car there could she have denied you getting it back?

This.

Let me be a little clearer, you will never get the gun back. However if you report it stolen then at least the cops know you don't have it.

Edited by dralarms

Reporting it stolen may cause some problems for her down the road. If she wants to sell it, etc. There is no greater risk to come back on you than if you had given her the gun. Reporting it stolen will likely not get it back. Next time your in the game take a screen shot of the threat and send her an email wih the pic included. Threaten to turn that over to authorities if she doesn't return the gun. If it doesn't work, move on. It's less than $300 and not worth the emotional effort IMO. Authorities will not take the threat serious, because they have to do too much IP investigating to even verify her identity.

Guest peacexxl

Even if you would rather not involve the cops, it does not cost a grand to go to small claims court which is where this should be settled (I would think). Get your receipt if you have one and take it to the judge.

After dussing this with her one night, she went into an online gameroom. I entered under another name. She told others that I'd get the gun, but from the wrong end.

Can't copy and paste from the online game. So that would be hear say.

I could report it missing.

If it's on your screen, you own it. Hit print screen (sometimes labeled prt sc) and it put a shot of the screen on the clipboard. Then, just paste it into a program that supports graphics pasting, like Microsoft word

Guest Guy N. Cognito
I'm just mean enough that I might report her brandishing the gun and threatening me with it.

Mean would not be the word I would use for someone who filed a false criminal report over a property matter.

I wouldn’t spend any money to pursue it. Who cares if its used in a crime and checks back to him; he can tell them who has it.

I'm with Dave on this one, don't spend another dime. You are only out $300 and it will be more than $300 worth of time and hassle to get it back correctly. Chalk it up to lesson learned. Sorry dude!

I'm with Dave on this one, don't spend another dime. You are only out $300 and it will be more than $300 worth of time and hassle to get it back correctly. Chalk it up to lesson learned. Sorry dude!

Yep, fairly inexpensive snatch all in all, to put it in romantic terms.

Remember the adage of the dog next to the railroad tracks, and don't lose your head over a little piece of tail. And at your age, too, tsk tsk tsk. :D

- OS

online gaming rooms, different screen names, psychotic ex's, giving you the business end...sounds like you both have issues. Mark it as a loss, and forget about her. she may not be joking about giving you the end you dont want..and that would never hold up against anything...you said yourself you loggen in under a different name...all she would have to say was it was someone else logged in under the name she uses. forget about her, forget about the gun, and move on. if its ever used in a crime...its very easy to prove your innocence, especially when you are innocent.

Guest canebreaker

I'll talk to police monday, try to talk to the chief. See if I can report it missing, not stolen. During that time I was away for almost a week, she knew it, and at the time our house keys matched.

270. for the gun. 7 boxes of reloaded ammo. I offered that to her for 400., replacement gun 260. Yep a cheap piece. She called herself the BLWIN a few times.

I could email her, telling her that a check should be in the mail for 400. or a report will be filed. See where she goes with that.

Sorry, I don't care for the term DUDE.

Edited by canebreaker

If she claims it was a gift, logic is on your side. Most people transfer related paperwork when they give one, and you signed something when you bought it that you were buying it for yourself, and typically folks dont buy guns as gifts for a GF early in a relationship.

They do? I think not. There is no paperwork to transfer over in the State of Tennessee, unless you want a BOS. I've never required a BOS from a relative or a friend.

I think you best bet is to either report it stolen and by who. The police may not do anything about, since it's a he said/she said, but a report will be filed and you should keep a copy of it in your records. Or write it off as a lesson learned and move on.