My Mini 14 review.

Guest Xring04

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks OS:_________

Any thoughts on where's the best place to find 'em new?

Thanks

leroy

Besides GB, CDNNsports generally has the cheapest mini 14/30 in the country. I don't see a 30 listed right now, but they are probably worth a call.

Bud's shows some in stock, too.

T and T out of Selmer, TN had some at the last couple of gun shows here in Knoxville, but at least a c-note more than best price online.

- OS

Edited by OhShoot
Guest 10mm4me

I had one, sold it, and have regretted it ever since. They are more $$$ than they used to be and I haven't run across a good deal in order to get another one. How do you tell if it is a 580 series?

I had one, sold it, and have regretted it ever since. They are more $$$ than they used to be and I haven't run across a good deal in order to get another one. How do you tell if it is a 580 series?

The serial number is the easiest way. Look for a taper in the barrel. The later 580 series barrel tapers coming out of the gas block. All older Minis have straight barrels.

Guest Longshot1

Go to Perfect Union forum. Those folks are Ruger/Mini diehards. Usually some on their classifieds. Those folks put them about where there worth or they have to put up with the push back from the experts.

Prior to developing my first AR a couple of weeks ago, my M14 was my high capacity choice for rifle HD. I didn't have a Mini until Ruger came out with the NRA edition a couple three years ago. With the Hogue stock, improved barrel and increased magazine capacity it became my first semi-auto rifle. I now have two rifles feeding from the same ammo supply in time of need. I bought all my mags from Ruger since that was the first place available and they were occassionally doing promos.

P1010013.jpg

I have kept it simple for grab n' go.

P1010014.jpg

366T.jpg

Edited by DAdams
Guest mrkirker

I've owned one of the older 180 series for many years now, and love to shoot it when I'm in the mood for some center-fire plinking. Just plain fun to shoot, and I love how it throws the brass into the next county!

Go to Perfect Union forum. Those folks are Ruger/Mini diehards. Usually some on their classifieds. Those folks put them about where there worth or they have to put up with the push back from the experts.

Thanks Longshot1!! Just bookmarked it!

thanks,

leroy