Help me spend $400

kesava

Glock's triggers are a bit long and don't lend themselves to high accuracy (no trigger jobs on carry pistols for me). Plus I like safeties (My EDC is a Glock 19 btw). I have a RIA Commander already. EAA is an option as it's a CZ replica. Taurus runs great. I have a pt709 and I love them, they are durable and ultra reliable, however their triggers are Sh!†. As I already have a pocket pistol in the pt709, no keltec for CCW interest me.

In your price range, a CCW with a target trigger is just not very common. Can you comment on a revolver, modified cheap gun, or a 1911 clone in 9mm or the like? You said no 1911 but did that mean the style or the .45 caliber true 1911s? This year being what it is, by march I expect to see a 1911 in every caliber from 22 to 50 caliber to 223 to magnums by everyone and their brother making a 100 year gun. Some of them are bound to be cheap, fun shooters. Thats about it on a decent trigger --- and all of those are reliable.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hognut isn't kidding, for a little more ("little" depending on how you look at it I guess, $500 instead of $400) a Witness Elite Match is just an awesome piece, probably the best deal for what you get on the planet really, they have incredible triggers and are a custom shop gun at an almost unbelievable price, mine out shot my $3K Wilson no problem.

Depends, I still say go CZ if you want to stay around $400, those pre-B 75's are hard to beat for a truly fine pistol at a Saturday night special price-point, a CZ with a comp hammer installed is just awesome and that will still get you in around budget...

There's a few for $400 that are worth owning but IMHO the Glock G17/19, 1911, and CZ-75 are all "classics" and if you've already got the other two...

Glock's triggers are a bit long and don't lend themselves to high accuracy

I've always wondered what exactly is "high accuracy" with a defensive pistol? Minute of gnat nut? I think this example of a G36 is just fine. (Please see post #16, http://www.tngunowners.com/forums/handguns/50883-my-marine-i-g-l-hville-2.html)

I don't personally find Glock triggers to be long, but that's me.

Hognut isn't kidding for a little more ("little" depending on hiw you look at it I guess, $500 instead of $400) a Witness Elite Match is just an awesome piece, probably the deal for what you get on the planet really, they have incredible triggers and are a custom shop gun at an almost unbelievable price, mine out shot my $3K Wilson no problem.

Depends, I still say go CZ if you want to stay around $400, those pre-B 75's are hard to beat for a truly fine pistol at a Saturday night special price-point, a CZ with a comp hammer installed is just awesome and that will still get you in around budget...

There's a few for $400 that are worth owning but IMHO the Glock G17/19, 1911, and CZ-75 are all "classics" and if you've already got the other two...

Ive read everyone's replies and the only in between gun that I see that meets all your requirements except price is an XD it is a single action,trigger is lighter than the Glock but the gun is just as reliable . The grip angle is the same as the 1911 , The XD I owned was more accurate than me.

I have no experience with HK ,SIG, Or CZ so I cannot vouch for them on durability/reliability But I have friends that prefer them over their 1911's and their Glocks. and they shoot them with very good accuracy .

Your Glock is just as accurate as a 1911 in the right hands .

Part of the accuracy portion of a 1911 is the over all length of the gun.The shorter the gun gets the harder it becomes to shoot more accurately.

Range time is the only way to get proficient with any gun . I say spend the $400 on ammo and practice with your Glock after you put around a thousand rounds through that gun in a relatively short amount of time I bet your accuracy will approve significantly .

Unless you just want an excuse to buy another gun :clap:

Edited by Mad_Squirrell
Guest Bronker
Any experience with EAA?

I had an earlier model EAA Witness in .40SW, but not for long. It had the feeding problems that Hognut mentioned, and was just way too heavy for what I originally intended it for. I traded it on an XD IIRC. Plus, at least back then, accessories were impossible to find.

...I will beat Bronker and CK1 anyday...

At what...checkers? Sucka, please. You've never even seen me shoot!

Enjoy your 15 minutes, PigNads. I'm coming for you.

:lol:Kidding! Love ya. Mean it:lol:

For me your best bet would be a Beretta Px-4, I have one in 9mm, clips hold 17 rounds, its very accurate, easy to clean, almost no kick. You can also get it in .40 s&w and 45acp. It can be had in a compact and sub compact size. Great all around gun.