Letter from Titans / Bud Adams

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrator
In other words ticket prices are going up next year.
So that surprises you?

Did you guys read the letter? Basically Adams is warning season ticket holders that the NFL Players Union is about to start playing dirty and the season may be delayed this year as a result.

Bud Adam's is one of thirty two elitist business owners who sole goal is to line their pockets.

While I am fine with capitalism I find it repugnant that they get richer, the players get wealthier and they sell it to the freight paying fans as doing us a favor.

No where in his letter does he mention cutting costs to the fans. Yeah good old Uncle Bud doing us all a favor.

The man and his fraternity are singularly united in their quest to keep raking in the cash.

Guest BEARMAN

I'm glad I sold my PSL's a few season's back...don't regret it one bit. Uncle Bud can keep on raking in the cabbage, for all I care.

Just not MY cabbage...:fingerright:...:shake:...Nawsir.

Bud Adam's is one of thirty two elitist business owners who sole goal is to line their pockets.

While I am fine with capitalism I find it repugnant that they get richer, the players get wealthier and they sell it to the freight paying fans as doing us a favor.

No where in his letter does he mention cutting costs to the fans. Yeah good old Uncle Bud doing us all a favor.

The man and his fraternity are singularly united in their quest to keep raking in the cash.

Count me in as a elitist capitalist as well then. My soul reason for going to work is to get richer and make as much as I can. I do that by showing my "owners" aka the corporate big wigs, my abilities. I'm a "skill" player I guess being part of the lower level management at our site. I'm unwilling as I would say 99% of you are, to share my salary with others so that we might all "collectively" prosper, albeit at a much lower pay level. On the contrary, I strive to make myself an indispensable member of the team so that I continue to play each year so that my fans at home continue to live in the best manner I can provide. If I ask for to much compensation, the front office can determine to no longer need my service and replace me with a better player. On the other hand, if I can out perform the others in my area of competition, I can show my self off as a free agent any time I wish and seek a better contract.

If they weren't getting paid, ALL of them, they wouldn't be able to do it. You of all people Mike should understand this concept of a poor work product that keeps getting supported and thus is acceptable to the market they work in...(see Bengals in your NFL guide).

Did you guys read the letter? Basically Adams is warning season ticket holders that the NFL Players Union is about to start playing dirty and the season may be delayed this year as a result.

Yes, David. I understand that, but the underlying factor in all of this is money. Money for the new drug and safety programs. Money for the players who want more than the league minimum; and a change in the wage structure; more for the NFL pension funds. etc. My take in a nutshell. And I don't see hope for much change in it. As long as the star players and big-name draftees can demand and get these stupidly high contracts that seem to get more insane every year,the bottom line is higher prices. Higher tickets. Higher concessions. Higher jerseys and souviners at the outlandishly high stadiums that we taxpayers fund for the owners.

And yes, I am a football fan.

Winger I have no problem with anyone getting fat off their abilities or skills. Just don't try to make me believe the NFL has my best interests at heart.

And while I am a bengal fan I would not spend one red cent to support Mike Brown and his quest to make money.

The owners will all be crying hard times, the players will all be crying they are taken advantage of. the fans keep on taking it up the butt.

Winger I have no problem with anyone getting fat off their abilities or skills. Just don't try to make me believe the NFL has my best interests at heart.

And while I am a bengal fan I would not spend one red cent to support Mike Brown and his quest to make money.

The owners will all be crying hard times, the players will all be crying they are taken advantage of. the fans keep on taking it up the butt.

Engineers have a term for this called 'the law of diminishing returns'. At some point the additional weight of an aircraft engine for example no longer gives you the additional HP to make the addition worthwhile.

They will push the money on both ends up until they cannot anymore. Those that support the sport, the fans, will tell them when enough is enough and that they have gone too far. NBA Basketball saw that to some extent I believe in recent years.

I know because I just saw my father's Daytona 500 tickets that NASCAR has gotten the message to an extent. His tickets did not go up again this year, because NASCAR finally figured out they were losing money overall despite higher ticket prices due to far less tickets sold. You want to talk about getting hosed, try UT football and all of the other college teams we as taxpayers support. They have high ticket prices and are subsidized by our tax dollars. UT athletics might make money, one of the few in the country that do, but they still don't pay for all of athletics much less all of the university's costs.

I don't live in Nashville, so the Titans cost me nothing at all. But UT does, and I'm not even a UT fan. And outside of UT in this state there isn't another college that makes enough to even cover the cost of their football team.

Edited by Warbird

The NFL and the players and the owners have first and foremost, profit as their motive and there is nothing wrong with that. You remember when gas hit 3.00 plus two years ago? It made me buy a motorcycle, it made most of us "think" a bit before just hitting the road for a drive, and prices dropped, for a time. They are creeping back up and the word is now that we will be averaging 3.25 this spring. That will be where we see where the economy is. If we slow down, stop driving, use less, the price will come back down, just as it did before. If PSL holders drop off, what little there is in available single seat purchases stop being bought, then the owners and then the players will all have to react. They just don't have to now.

Watch NASCAR tickets start to drop over the next few years. Their time has passed and they ran away from the traditional race fan several years ago. I'm betting if you can afford the gas, you can go to Talladega in a few years for 25 bucks again and get one of the "good" seats.

Guest tnxdshooter
It will be good for the owners, players and fans to skip next season.

Yup,

It would be good for fisher to take a "knee and take a breather"

Guest uofmeet

I am of mixed emotions. I would love to not have an interruption in the football season next year, but at the same time like others have stated, it might do them some good. Lets see how they like it when a season goes by and they don't make the gazillions of dollars they normally do. I would bet the players and the owners would come to an agreement quickly.

The bad thing about the NFL is that it is driven by money.

The good thing about the NFL is that it is driven by money.

I still don't think hockey has fully recovered from it's strike a couple years ago. You still barely see it on the national stations.

Guest mustangdave

they can strike and I won't care....Bud could send out another letter and say he's moving the Titan's to Bumfuk, Egypt...and I still won't give a hoot

In other words ticket prices are going up next year.

Nope, the translation is "get ready to not have NFl football next year.

Under the current contract, the owners get TV payments even if the games are paid - IOW, they'll actually make more money by locking the players out. THE NFLPA gave them all the power without even realizing last time, so unless the PA is willing to let the salary caps 9especially rookie signing caps) drop significantly, they'll just lock them out next fall.