Sig P250

Mglock66

I just got a gently used Sig P250 .45 compact. Once i got it home i noticed that it has some play in the trigger, it's not as tight as i'm used to with my glocks. Has anyone else had an issue with this...or is it normal for this gun.... what can i do to remedy the problem?? Any help would be appreciated.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Never shot one, very few "sig" people like the 250 - mostly due to the trigger. I am not sure if that play is normal, but the people that like the dao on it said it took some getting used to, that it is not like most other dao's but once you get used to it you love it. Their words, not mine. Give it some time and put some rounds through it, then make a decision. If you are concerned with the play, just email or call sig customer service - they will know offhand.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest TheMikeLurie

Curious if anybody knows where you can find frames for the P250?

I recently purchased one, and love the pistol for various reasons. I'm a big fan of DAO, and a big fan of Sig Sauer, so I was very pleased when I found out they were making one.

One of the biggest draws of this pistol for me, beyond the DAO trigger, was the modular nature of it. It's a great idea. But I am having a hard time finding where to purchase the modular parts. The Sig Sauer website isn't extremely helpful. They don't list the various types of frame (beyond caliber and size configurations) or the color options etc..

I really like the mud brown frames you can get for Glocks, Berettas, Springfield, etc... I also like the military green frames and the desert sand/digital camo... But I can't find a listing of options anywhere on the site. Or pricing.

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Guest malbolja

Be advised that SIG has redesigned the frames and they take a different magazine floor plate. I've been told that SIG will send you the floor plates for free if you get a new style frame and want to use your existing mags but I haven't done either myself.

I don't know if they're making different color grip frames, you might call SIG and inquire. Seems like I saw a version with a digital camo slide but I can't remember what color the frame was.

This company has some different size (diameter) grip frames but they're all black. I have done business with them before and they are top notch. If they don't have what you want, call them up, they're good folks to deal with.

Sig Sauer P250 Gun Parts - Top Gun Supply (Page 2)

to the OP, does the pistol have function issues? I'm not sure what you mean by 'play.' Maybe you can go to your local gun shop and compare your 250 to others.

Never shot one, very few "sig" people like the 250 - mostly due to the trigger. I am not sure if that play is normal, but the people that like the dao on it said it took some getting used to, that it is not like most other dao's but once you get used to it you love it. Their words, not mine. Give it some time and put some rounds through it, then make a decision. If you are concerned with the play, just email or call sig customer service - they will know offhand.

I'd agree with that statement totally. I've had one for a while.

Guest TheMikeLurie
Be advised that SIG has redesigned the frames and they take a different magazine floor plate. I've been told that SIG will send you the floor plates for free if you get a new style frame and want to use your existing mags but I haven't done either myself.

I don't know if they're making different color grip frames, you might call SIG and inquire. Seems like I saw a version with a digital camo slide but I can't remember what color the frame was.

This company has some different size (diameter) grip frames but they're all black. I have done business with them before and they are top notch. If they don't have what you want, call them up, they're good folks to deal with.

Sig Sauer P250 Gun Parts - Top Gun Supply (Page 2)

to the OP, does the pistol have function issues? I'm not sure what you mean by 'play.' Maybe you can go to your local gun shop and compare your 250 to others.

Thanks so much for the info and for the link malbolja. That should definitely come in handy. I will check it out.

Guest TheMikeLurie
I just got a gently used Sig P250 .45 compact. Once i got it home i noticed that it has some play in the trigger, it's not as tight as i'm used to with my glocks. Has anyone else had an issue with this...or is it normal for this gun.... what can i do to remedy the problem?? Any help would be appreciated.

Since it's a modular pistol and the "guts" can be removed, one thing I was told is that you have to be absolutely certain the trigger mechanism is pushed all the way back to the rear. I know that this has been the reason why the slide will actually stop locking back when you rack it with the magazine inserted. I believe there is at least one video on youtube about this.

In the video, the operator just stripped it and then used the corner of a flat surface to nudge the trigger assembly as far back into the frame cavity. There should be two metal bracket pieces that extend just slightly above the frame when you remove the slide. He used those brackets to push the assembly back tight into the cavity.