Need a Holster. Which one?

Which Holster  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Which Holster

• NTAC
    • Blackhawk Serpa
    • Raven
    • Stay with my current leather scabbard :)

So I need a holster for my M&P9 full-size. It's for everyday carry and OWB. I like it high and tight and am looking at the NTAC, Blackhawk Serpa, Raven, or the stay with the leather scabbard style I currently have. The Raven is pretty far down on my list due to the excessive wait list and unless it is significantly better than the NTAC, I'd rather have the NTAC. Give me the pro and cons. BTW - I tend to carry at 2-3, but may have to move back with some of these options.

NTAC:

new-MP-Full-Size-Front.jpg

Blackhawk Serpa:

18-1145-IMG1.jpeg

Raven:

M&P%20.45,%20front.JPG

Current Holster:

7000%20Generic.jpg

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

The raven, or, look at Seraph's holsters. He has a much shorter wait time on them than raven. Raven makes a "magpul cut" of their phantom holster that is intended for use at 2-3 o'clock, and is a straight cant design.

Stay away from the serpa, as it is neither high, tight, or safe to use.

Mike

Edited by Mike
Guest Seraph

Do as you will, but I can assure you that my holster is extremely comfortable. My customers have compared it to the likes of Brommeland Max Con V, and Milt Sparks VMII, regarding both comfort and concealment, which is exactly what I was shooting for. You've rightly identified that it's designed to ride low, for a better draw, but its ride height can actually be raised 3/4", if the user desires. Because my K-25 holster is designed to ride at 4:00 to 4:30, for maximum concealment, the 25 degree cant is rather vital. I have another holster coming, in the next few days, called the Y-12. The platform for my tactical light compatible holsters, Y-12 features a 12 degree cant, and a little bit higher ride, making it more of a 3:00 to 3:30 holster. I've got nothing for 2:00 currently. I've been toying with an appendix IWB design, but, honestly, the more I play with that, the less I like the concept.

Isotope13_front_web.jpg

Seraph you holster look really good and I like where you are going, but I just don't think it fits my percularities ATM. I ended up getting the NTAC and it should be here by the end of the month. Not as nice as Seraphs but it rides and fits like I want.