Fox and Armadillo.

Some of you may remember but I shot this grey fox way back in February of this year. My taxidermist Chad called me and told me it was ready to go. It's actually been done awhile just finally made it down to Perry County and picked it up. He did a great job. I am very pleased and happy with it. Here are some photos. As you can see this guys fur was real thick.

DSCN0665.jpg

DSCN0667.jpg

DSCN0662.jpg

Also here is an armadillo (A.K.A turbo opossum) I killed this past Thursday. My mom has a bunch of these around her house. They dig lots of holes and some are pretty big and deep, so they have to go. My step-dad said mowing the lawn is like going off road ha ha. My nephews have also tripped in these holes and hurt themselves. Every chance I get to visit I try and kill as many as I can. Perry County is full of these turbo opossums. Here is the picture.

DSCN0668.jpg

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Ditchdigger

Looks like he done a very good job with your fox. We drove to Milan this spring looking for a watertruck, after we got east of Nashville thought we had went too far, Texas, with all the armidillos on the road. Havent seen any around here yet.

Are the armadillos in Tennessee like the ones in south Georgia that are known to carry leprosy? I know they're pretty well reviled down there.

They do carry it and the way you get it is by eating the meat thats been improperly cooked at least thats what the animal planet said. I think they also carry hepatitis.

Are foxes plentiful in perry county?

The area I was hunting there is a good population of foxes. Grey foxes are found in more areas than people think, they are mostly nocturnal but will come into a rabbit distress call once in awhile.

Edited by Hunting101
I believe the rabbit (cotton tail) was also called "Hoover Hogs" during the depression, in the South... places like Louisiana and Mississippi.

Never really heard that, but certainly ground hogs in the then armadillo-less East were sometimes called that.

- OS

Guest Appalachian

I see sevral armadillos ran over every spring up and down I24 between Mt.Eagle and Kimball, when I have to work down in Huntsville I see them squashed all over the roads, I guess ther migate'n north, I've heard that ther follow'n the fire ants, guess ther a fave food source.