USPSA Match January 8 & 9 at Dickson

USPSA Match January 8 & 9 at Dickson

The North Tennessee Practical Shooters will host our regular monthly match on January 8th & 9th. On both days registration opens at 8:00, with shooters meeting at 8:45 and shots downrange at 9:00. Afternoon sessions start 1:30ish. Come to as many sessions as you like and shoot the same gun or different guns & divisions (only 1 gun per session, obviously).

Stage info to follow.

As always, new shooters shoot free.

Here's the
for more information, or post or PM me with any questions.

DVC,

Aaron

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Oldretiredsarge

Aaron. I would be interested in shooting this match. However I have never participated in a match before, so any info would be helpful. I dont have a clue as to what happens at a match. What type of weapon is acceptable? I have a couple of 45's and a glock 19. How many rounds? How many mags? etc. Shoot me a message and let me know. I dont want to show up and look like a fool. Thanks Warren

I tried to send it but it didn't go through. Here's what I tried to send. Sorry for the delay:

Warren,

I was where you were a year and a half ago. This is a friendly bunch, and the only thing I warn new shooters about (other than obvious safety issues, etc.) is that this sport can be very addictive.

The short version is that you can shoot either your .45 or your Glock. They are both legal in a couple of divisions, so you'll have lots of options. Stages can be up to 32 rounds, so you'll need extra mags. Holster must be worn at 3:00, so no shoulder holsters or small of back holsters. We do not require cover garments, so dress for warmth and mobility.

The match is 135 rounds (plus misses & makeup shots) so I'd bring 150 rounds to be sure you have enough.

I run registration, so look for me at the trailer.

I'll try to answer other questions later, but the info link on our club site (NTPS Home Page) and uspsa.org have lots of additional info about equipment, rules, etc.

Thanks,

Aaron

+1 just go and have fun. if you use the 1911 have a way to carry about 5 mags on your belt. same if you use the glock in production.

if you use the glock in limited you will not need as many on the belt because you fill up the mags. so if you do not have 5 or 6 mags or a way to carry that many you can get away with only 3 (total 1 in the gun 2 on the belt) in limited. which by the way is both of our's favorite division.

Here are the directions to the range Oldretiredsarge,

Directions to NTPS from Interstate 40

Exit 172 to Highway 46 North toward Dickson

Travel 3.6 miles and turn left onto Beasley Rd. (past Wal-Mart)

Take Beasley 1.4 miles and turn left onto Highway 48

Take Highway 48 1.2 miles and turn right onto West Piney

Take West Pines 2.9 miles, the road makes a hard right turn and becomes Coon Creek

Take Coon Creek 1.4 miles

The range is on the left at 990 Coon Creek. The entrance is a gravel road just past a 2 story white sided house

GPS Coordinates: N36.0625 W87.4834

Aaron. I would be interested in shooting this match. However I have never participated in a match before, so any info would be helpful. I dont have a clue as to what happens at a match. What type of weapon is acceptable? I have a couple of 45's and a glock 19. How many rounds? How many mags? etc. Shoot me a message and let me know. I dont want to show up and look like a fool. Thanks Warren

USPSA match

There will be a stage similar to the one in the video this weekend. Lots of steel.

A lot of people get freaked out by steel, but don't let it psyche you out. Here's the secret on steel: keep your "Clang" to "Bang" ratio as close to 1 as possible. Simple, right?