Memphis here.

Guest AF275

Well, Lakeland actually because living in the city limits drastically reduces your survival rate.

Been shooting for a couple of years, but with school I wasn't able to make it out much over the pass year, but now that I just graduated (BS in Criminal Justice w/ minor in Business Admin) I will finally have more time again to make it to the range.

As well, I am finally getting to start reloading, something I have wanted to do for quite some time. I picked up my Lee turret press and dies last night, and gathering my other tools over the coming weeks. I plan to reload .223 right now, and some handgun loads later on.

Currently carry a Glock19, have a modified Maverick 88, and just about finished with changes on my AR15.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome to TGO. BTW living in the city does not reduce your survival rate unless you are a crackhead, dealer, thief, make a habit of hanging out in the wrong places or are a low life in general. By virtue of your presence here I doubt that you are any of the above.

Sorry for the rant, but Memphis gets enough :shrug: from people who have never been here so I hate it when the locals knock her down too.

One hell of a welcome huh?

Guest IceBreakerG

Welcome to the forum. I'm actually looking at a couple of houses in Lakeland (about time to move and get my own house), we could be neighbors one day!

Even with my pro Memphis rant I may be moving to Lakeland or Collierville in the near future. I have no issues with my neighborhood. The wife and kids want a larger house with a pool and room for dogs so we will be moving after I get all my eggs in a row. Finally get to use some of those VA perks. My preference would be to move downtown on the river.

Welcome to TGO. BTW living in the city does not reduce your survival rate unless you are a crackhead, dealer, thief, make a habit of hanging out in the wrong places or are a low life in general. By virtue of your presence here I doubt that you are any of the above.

Sorry for the rant, but Memphis gets enough :D from people who have never been here so I hate it when the locals knock her down too.

One hell of a welcome huh?

I stay away from the bad areas for sure, and still managed to be shot at, almost car jacked, jumped by a crack head, and almost robbed. All within the past two-three years. Thanks the HCP lead to all the "almost" instead of "being". I've lived here my whole life, cept for about 5 months, but came back because I love the city, but its still not a safe place to me.

Ha yea I know punisher, don't hold it against me.

We just moved to Lakeland about 3 months ago and absolutely love it.