Abide by the gunbuster signs or simply conceal and hope for the best?

Guest President Fernatt

Guest President Fernatt

So, being the new kid on the block...What is the general consensus of the Gun World? A.) exercise your rights, conceal well enough and no one will know. OR B.) observe every little sign no matter how insignificant and disarm no matter how inconvenient. / I"m sure the answer is somewhere in the middle as is the case with most things in life but I was just curious.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

The only real answer here is that everybody is going to be different, and some will be willing to risk more - or even see more risk - than others.

No one here can or will suggest breaking the law though... so I doubt you'll get much more of an answer than that.

Like DaveTN said,

and your Rights don't include on stepping on someone Else's. They own it, they can post it. It is our choice if we want to enter it, such as a mall.

I would not risk it at all for the big no no places, say a city council meeting.

Agreed with DaveTN. Just like you have the right to possess a firearm, they have the right to post their own private property. You in turn have the right to choose whether or not to give your business or grace them with your presence at that location. You also have the responsibility to abide by the law and work within the proper channels to change the law if you don't agree with it. All it will take is a few folks ignoring the law by "exercising their rights" to get the CCW law restricted even more or have it outright repealed. This is why I am very much against open carry in most circumstances; it may be technically legal, but the potential problems are simply not worth it.

• Admin Team

I'm locking this thread, as the few posters above I believe have said everything that needs to be said.

In this state, property owners right to post their property is on equal footing with our ability to carry. Agree or disagree, it is the law. You can work to change it. You can quit patronizing businesses that do post and let them know why. You can choose to break the law, but recognize that you are doing exactly that. And, when you strap on a weapon, you individually represent all of us collectively.

Edited by MacGyver