What did you get for Christmas?

bigwakes

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Somehow I ended up with a fiance, I feel your pain.

So you gave away a rock... probably an expensive one.

Me, I didn't get a thing... 'least not anything I can show y'all... but I damn well didn't lose anything either. :poop:

We have divorced ourselves from that whole commercial Christmas thing here, and see to it that the kid and the dogs enjoy the day...and in doing so enjoy it ourselves.

And that is what WE got here.

So you gave away a rock... probably an expensive one.

Me, I didn't get a thing... 'least not anything I can show y'all... but I damn well didn't lose anything either. :poop:

We have divorced ourselves from that whole commercial Christmas thing here, and see to it that the kid and the dogs enjoy the day...and in doing so enjoy it ourselves.

Same thing at my house

Guest Letereat!

+100

Had to do the obligatory dash about (no kiddies here) at our leisurely pace.

Chilled around the Bonfire till 04:30 with friends, blustered and puffed about

All things with plenty of gut crunching laughter and self-deprecating humor.

Chilled with my half o the clan 2 day.

BTW: New Favorite Xmas Movie “Polar Express†ancient by today’s standards but if there are any more among us (especially w kiddies) that have not watched this story…..Do so..

Heavy on easily discernable messages of High Moral Standards.

Light on the “commercial hedonism†or whatever u wanaa call it.

I.E

• Follow your conscience when it compels you to act altruistically even if you have to “break the rules†,disobey an order and sacrifice your personally well-being and safety.
  • Reach out to the new kid and offer him your friendship when he looks bewildered and timid.
  • The rewards of self sacrifice, honesty and integrity come when u least expect them.
  • Focus on your goals with absolute tenacity and expectation that u will attain them and deal with the obstacles, and barriers with due diligence and effort as they come and fate will take u places u never expected or imagined.
  • Seeing is not necessarily believing, but it sure makes thing simple.

• Blah, Blah etc etc

If it does not take u back to the time in your youth when you began to question the world around you and learn how to asses, interpret and react to the cacophony of conflicting messages…..amnesia maybe, in an alternate universe at that time……????

That’s my “Siskel and Ebert†on the flick at least…….