Southhaven, MS Gun Show Jan 1 & 2

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think this show is WAY better then the last several Agricenter ones. I haven't seen the cell phone case, suntan,or orthopedic booths at the Southaven one, but watch me be wrong at this coming one.

I'll be there on the 1st to grab some primers and powder if the same vendor as last time there.

Guest uofmeet

I might try to go. But this may be a stupid question, Is the Arena posted? Or I guess MS has slightly different laws, but are we allowed to carry in the Arena? open? Concealed?

I might try to go. But this may be a stupid question, Is the Arena posted? Or I guess MS has slightly different laws, but are we allowed to carry in the Arena? open? Concealed?

They post no loaded firearms to be brought in, so if carry concealed and have no peaks happen I guess you'd be OK. If open carry, they'll want it unloaded and locked out with a ziptie through it.

Guest Scramasax

Leaving this morning from Nasville to visit friends. I'll be set up with them at the show. Just look for the glass case with EOD sticker in left corner and burgundy table drapes.

Cheers,

tad

Quick question.what does it take for a TN resident to buy a rifle in Mississippi?

That's the reason I don't to to the gun shows in MS often. After FFL transfer to TN, it would take a very good price to make it worth it.

Wasn't near the amount of vendors as in the past, I guess due to it being on the 1st. Some of the prices were wild, stock Saiga12 for $750, LA police gear bags for retail or higher, etc.

Went early Saturday and no reloading booth. Defeated my main goal.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest TRI-LAKE SHOW PROMOTER
Wasn't near the amount of vendors as in the past, I guess due to it being on the 1st. Some of the prices were wild, stock Saiga12 for $750, LA police gear bags for retail or higher, etc.

Went early Saturday and no reloading booth. Defeated my main goal.

Sorry about the reloader he was in Little Rock that weekend, and yes alot of the dealers didn't think that a Jan 1 show would work, thanks for proving them wrong. We will be back Mar 5 & 6 and he is suspose to come if you would email me trilake@hughes.net the week before I can tell you if he will be there. We had around 200 tables there in Jan and over 300 in Oct 2010. Hoping for the larger number in Mar and it looks like we will be close. We have been in the promoting since 2005 so pretty new at promoting and believe me it is hard to get everyone together at the same time. I'm trying to watch ya'll blog so we can improve on the show. Some of the guys are a little crazy on there prices just try to haggle with them. We our local people from North MS and have been an exhibitor and store owner since 1984. We are having a small show in Oxford this weekend and the reloader will be there but the building is small and we have a little over 150 tables but these were by invitaton only so it will be a clean show but a little tight for the building size. info @ www.trilakegunshow.com 1$ off coupon on front page.

Thanks Cathy Bailey/Tri-Lake Promoter

• 2 weeks later...
Guest TRI-LAKE SHOW PROMOTER

Question, should any one carry a loaded gun into a gun show? don't take offense, I'm the promoter and want to know how everyone feels about the matter.

I have seen J&T there before. Will they be there this year?

Gun in the building? I dont see why permit holders should not be able to. As long as they are not waving it around. MS is a conceal state, right? so, they shouldn't be visible anyways. It seem s a bit silly to have a gun event, but don't allow legal carry. Although, i do understand your conern. This comes down to the same arguement that it always does. There are already laws out there that protect the public. Extra gun rules and laws dont stop the criminal.

It wont stop me from attending your show.

Edited by gotigers