Glock Modifications

Sandman

Consider these front sights from Ameriglo also, I've started using them on two of my Glocks to see how they work, so far so good. AmeriGlo Weapon Sights | Special Combinations

The best Glock shooter I know advocates these sights: 10-8 Performance Webstore I need to get some and try them out.

Also, other than grip tape & sights I think you should not do anything else to your Glock in the way of aftermarket. The following link's activities, some extra mags, grip tape and good sights will set you up: The $0.25 Glock trigger job

Get this book: Customize Repair Maintain Your GLOCK Pistol

I've literally (not figurtively wasted a lot of money on Glock aftermarket parts), from stainless frames to custom trigger bars, slides, barrels, titanium parts, etc. If you carefully polish the metal contact points where the trigger bar pushes up the safety plunger, where striker meets the cruciform and where connector meets birds head of trigger bar you will realize a nice crisp Glock break at probably 1/2lb from stock. Also other than the striker the parts are comparatively inexpensive and available.

This is a good place, one of many good places, to get parts: OMB's Express Police Supply - Distributor of 5.11 Tactical Equipment

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Guy N. Cognito

Just wanted to update this thread with a picture of the Green / Yellow Truglo TFOs. If you can confuse these sites, then there's no helping you. :rolleyes:

DSC_0079.jpg

Guest The Highlander

I like the Truglos as well. Removed the night sights from my old G17 and installed a set. Liked them so much I will sooner or later have them on all my Glocks.

The best accessory other than sights and a good holster, is ammo.

Guest Guy N. Cognito
Best upgrade/modification for a Glock 30?

_MG_5014.jpg

;):):stir: :stir:

/thread

Son, you need to get rid of that nickel-plated sissy pistol and get yourself a Glock.

;)

Guy N Cognito, I just showed that 1911 to a Mexican that was here working at the house and he thought it was bad a**. So if your trying to impress people get a 1911, but if you need to protect your family get a Glock.

Back on topic, I used to do lighter trigger connectors, extended slide release, and blah blah. I prefer them to be stock now. I had a Wolf SS guide rod and spring and it was very stiff, I never had it malfunction but I was happy to get rid of it. I will do night sights but have learned in shooting during stress you wont even notice there there.

Night sights and nothing more, IMHO.

+1 here too. I have done all the mods to a couple of my Glocks and I like the stock setup way better. The only problems I have had with any of the couple dozen Glocks I have owned were with the ones that had aftermarket mods on them. I put them back to stock and all the problems went away.

Guest Guy N. Cognito
Guy N Cognito, I just showed that 1911 to a Mexican that was here working at the house and he thought it was bad a**. So if your trying to impress people get a 1911, but if you need to protect your family get a Glock.

Back on topic, I used to do lighter trigger connectors, extended slide release, and blah blah. I prefer them to be stock now. I had a Wolf SS guide rod and spring and it was very stiff, I never had it malfunction but I was happy to get rid of it. I will do night sights but have learned in shooting during stress you wont even notice there there.

Heh. ;)

When I've had to use my firearm in a stressful situation, I found that the one thing I saw CLEARLY was the front sight, just a split second before I pulled the trigger. It's a controversial subject, but most experienced trainers will tell you that you will do that you have trained to do. If you have trained drawing, acquiring a "soft sight picture" and then shooting, then that's what you will do. If you haven't trained, then you'll probably just point and shoot.

We have Truglo on our duty Glock 22s. Work great. I have Trijicon on my XDm. Works

great also. Can't really see much difference.

Really?

I'm not a big fan of the TruGlos because of durability issues, but to say that you can't see a difference between them and Trijicons? OK.

Anyway, Merry Christmas.