kel tec rfb 308 - anyone got one? Impressions?

Guest Alpha Dog

Guest Alpha Dog

Just wondering if anyone on here has a Kel Tec RFB 308?

What do you think of it? Pros / Cons.

Anyone seen one at a gun shop in the mid state lately?

Thanks

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Gopher6

On Target in Murfreesboro had one the last time i was in. The price was about $1800. I think $1300 to $1500 is about the right price. They are getting good reviews for the most part. The main complaint seems to be availability.

One of my friends bought one new. It was a little awkward for him so he traded it into the store he got it from. I shot it a couple times and thought it was pretty cool. The gun was still there last time I was in the store (last week) for around $1200ish.

The gun is at Mike's Gun Shop in Tazewell, TN btw.

Good luck.

Interesting, since most of the reviews of people that own them are different than yours.

KTOG Forum - RFB High Efficiency Rifle

Well that's their opinion and I have mine. I have shot the one Oleg Volk has a couple of times, with different optics and both suppressed

And not. I am not impressed with it. Same ammo that I use in my 700 and my TAC-20 that gets .30 and .50 MOA is lucky to make 2-3 inch groups at 100 yds. I carry and use guns professionally for a living and am giving an honest opinion based on my experience and training. I do not desire to be a RFB leg humper is all. It serves a niche i am sure, but its not all that.

Accuracy sucks, ergonomics suck, handling is ok.

Price too high retail and of course it is made from unobtainium since Kel-Tec can't build a damn thing in quantity.......

This.

The one I shot didn't group worth a ****. And they bite into the supply of FAL mags.

I really wanted one bad, but even though its not as tacti-cool...and kinda ugly...i much prefer my SX-AR(or if you prefer yours black get the FNAR) as it had a better trigger, was less ammo picky, and was more accurate....I am a bullpup fan and wouldnt trade my MSAR for any AR, but in .308 I think the SX-ar at $850 or the FNAR at $1050 is a much better deal.

I wouldn't recommend the FNAR either. It requires you to send the rifle to FN every 1k rounds for armorer level maintenance. And magazines are few and far between in the supply chain.

Mike

It doesnt require it, and you can do it yourself if your patient...though I wouldnt go toting it in battle if thats what your getting at ;-D Magazines are available...they are just expensive at $60 each. For semi-auto .308 accuracy you would have to spend double to get close.